Possible Terrorist Attack on NYC Subway

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
If they commit a felony and are convicted they should be sentenced to jail and serve that sentence. Leniency in the courts has resulted in violent offenders on the street harming innocent people. Yes, society and school systems have become weak and tolerates punk kids doing stupid stuff they should be held accountable for. We are too concerned with their feelings. The only feeling I got was the sting of a paddle on my backside when I did stupid stuff.

So harder on crime, because that will work today? This isn't about feelings either it is about human nature and response to the way we been doing it.

You think that with how few actual role models kids have in this current day, it is a good idea to just smack them around because it worked for you?

Let me guess.....so long as it is someone else's kids at that?

Know what will happen if a teacher or even administrator of a school was to hit a child? Likely the parent would murder them, if the kid didn't get to first....that is what your mentality gave to them.

Eye for an eye.

I am 43, raised in the age where beating the crap put of your kid was ok....mother was a drug fiend and I have a unique perspective about this, that likely you don't as I was put into hospital 3 times, last time I had to learn to walk again as I got hit with the belt buckle 17 times.

From the base of my neck to my lower back. Know what it did? Made me devoid of empathy. Luckily my father broke that cycle, but not before he married a shrew of a woman that liked to cut the webbing of my fingers and have me cut tomatoes.

Physical beatings do nothing to kids today....they know it is easier to deal with that then the mental anguish, and as such they repeat the cycle over and over till you get 2022.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mental health issues does not equal mentally incompetent to stand trial for one's crimes. If you think it needs changed, then start a mission. IMO, the change needs to be jail diversion programs for NON-VIOLENT offenders. Then make every person convicted of a violent felony serve at least 85% of their sentence behind bars. No ifs, ands or buts, you hurt someone, then you go to jail and stay there.

85% of all their basic needs taken care of, and zero preparation to enter society again?

Yeah....lock them up because all that junk from the 80s politicians worked?

I dont know the answer to this. I know that what we been doing isn't working. Prisons and jail dont fix anything....absolutely nothing.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
85% of all their basic needs taken care of, and zero preparation to enter society again?

Yeah....lock them up because all that junk from the 80s politicians worked?

I dont know the answer to this. I know that what we been doing isn't working. Prisons and jail dont fix anything....absolutely nothing.
Honestly? I don't care. Our so-called "justice" system was intended to provide justice, not "rehabilitation". If you cannot be trusted with a firearm or a vote, you really shouldn't be roaming free. If you can't keep yourself from violently attacking people, then I don't want you around me or mine. Keeping violent criminals in jail is exceedingly successful at keeping them from committing more violent attacks on the public at large. That is the #1 job of our legal system, and the way it's being run right now is an abysmal failure for the most part. Not because it's too harsh, because it's too lenient.

If you feel so beneficent towards violent criminals, then it's YOUR job to serve them, not mine. My job is to defend me and mine from their predations and yes, it really is just that simple.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly? I don't care. Our so-called "justice" system was intended to provide justice, not "rehabilitation". If you cannot be trusted with a firearm or a vote, you really shouldn't be roaming free. If you can't keep yourself from violently attacking people, then I don't want you around me or mine. Keeping violent criminals in jail is exceedingly successful at keeping them from committing more violent attacks on the public at large. That is the #1 job of our legal system, and the way it's being run right now is an abysmal failure for the most part. Not because it's too harsh, because it's too lenient.

If you feel so beneficent towards violent criminals, then it's YOUR job to serve them, not mine. My job is to defend me and mine from their predations and yes, it really is just that simple.

So if I ain't with you I am against you?

Typical I got to admit, I am saying we have a system that isn't working, and quite frankly it never did....it just pushes the problem down the road for someone else to deal with.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So if I ain't with you I am against you?

Typical I got to admit, I am saying we have a system that isn't working, and quite frankly it never did....it just pushes the problem down the road for someone else to deal with.
And that's your problem, not mine. Those aren't my monkeys and this is not my circus! ;)

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
So harder on crime, because that will work today? This isn't about feelings either it is about human nature and response to the way we been doing it.

You think that with how few actual role models kids have in this current day, it is a good idea to just smack them around because it worked for you?

Let me guess.....so long as it is someone else's kids at that?

Know what will happen if a teacher or even administrator of a school was to hit a child? Likely the parent would murder them, if the kid didn't get to first....that is what your mentality gave to them.

Eye for an eye.

I am 43, raised in the age where beating the crap put of your kid was ok....mother was a drug fiend and I have a unique perspective about this, that likely you don't as I was put into hospital 3 times, last time I had to learn to walk again as I got hit with the belt buckle 17 times.

From the base of my neck to my lower back. Know what it did? Made me devoid of empathy. Luckily my father broke that cycle, but not before he married a shrew of a woman that liked to cut the webbing of my fingers and have me cut tomatoes.

Physical beatings do nothing to kids today....they know it is easier to deal with that then the mental anguish, and as such they repeat the cycle over and over till you get 2022.
I don’t advocate beating kids. I do think most aren’t held accountable for their actions and are far more entitled than ever. It’s a permissive environment with little consequence for behavior or criminal acts.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

If you can't let them back out on the street again, put them down humanely. If the would be safe allowed back out on the streets , make them pay restitution for their crimes. Fix or replace what they damaged or destroyed. Support those they crippled or orphaned. Locking people up in cages with vicious criminals hurts them worse or turns them into vicious criminals themselves and helps no one. Doesn't do their jailors any good, either.

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

So… an FBI asset ( on watch list at least ) rents a uhaul in his own name, drives to NY, drops an id, shoots a bunch of people without killing anyone, magically picks the one train where all the cameras don’t work & manages to drop the Gun ………..

“”Nothing to see here, Move along, ……Just another Isolated Incident “”

Latest posts

Top Bottom