Post up your father’s day gifts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iratus

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My 4 year old made me a gift in daycare and gave me a cookie, (no photo evidence) she remembers when she was 2 and she "helped" me install a new toilet.

Attachments

• 20220617_231328.jpg
    20220617_231328.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 0

Lewis F Jones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had dinner with my dad, 2 sisters, and brother last night. He’s 86 and in good health so blessed there for sure

I have 2 daughters. One is a wayward girl dealing with addiction. The other is a great mom with 2 great kids but she has been upset with me for a while and I’ve had very little contact lately. The greatest Father’s Day gift ever would be both of them to be like the little girls I raised. Hold yours close today. I certainly wish I could.
Just started to read this and thought I was the only one in this position but turns out I'm down in South Louisiana visiting my Mother to celebraete her 92nd Birthday, Fathers Day and my 23rd Wedding Anniversary. Miss my dad but we still have a toast to him and his memory every year. 86 is a banner year especially if your health is good. Wish y'all many more.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a good thread. Being a father is not always an easy job, but it has sure been worth it. We have two daughters. The oldest one was married to a physician who was killed in a car crash. She never remarried, but build a good career for herself. The younger one and her family were living her in OKC in 2013, with their two sons, our only grandchildren, so we moved here to enjoy them. A couple of years later the older daughter decided she wanted to be in on all the fun, so she sold her home, moved here, built a new one and continued her career here.

I love my family, and every day is Father's day for me. I have a blessed life.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok I had to post this I hear music as I write. For the struggles of us parents.

I just wish I was smart enough to declare victory, Youth may not be as bad as you think, I walk among the youth and minorities the last 20 years or so. I can honestly say I wish I would have done more earlier. Never really gave 10% or did a lot of charity trying to raise 3 kids. I just prayed they didn’t squirt out all at once, talk about whack-a-mole🤪

thats a tough picture . miss you brother. what a big part of our lives.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I doubt I will even get a text from my over-pivila
It was Father's Day. grandpa was 79. He got up early, shaved, showered, combed his hair and put on his Sunday best so he would look nice when they came.

He skipped his daily walk to the town cafe where he had coffee with his cronies. He wanted to be home when they came.

He put his porch chair on the sidewalk so he could get a better view of the street when they drove up to help celebrate Father's Day.

At noon, he got tired but decided to forgo his nap so he could be there when they came.

Most of the rest of the afternoon he spent near the telephone so he could answer it when they called.

He has five married children, 13 grandchildren and three great-grandchildren. One son and a daughter live within 10 miles of his place. They hadn't visited him for a long time.

But today was Father's Day and they were sure to come.

At suppertime, he left the meal untouched so they could share it and have dessert with him. After not eating supper, he sat on the porch waiting.

At 8:30, he went to his room to prepare for bed. Before retiring, he left a note on the door that read:

"Be sure to wake me when you come."

It was Father's Day. He was 79. He may not be around next Father's Day...

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My combination birthday/Father's Day was supposed to be a steam train trip on the Cumbres & Toltec Railroad in their fanciest parlor car. However, we cancelled that trip that was scheduled for September due to travel costs and took a refund on the pre-paid train excursion. I already told my wife I'm not interested in spending the money elsewhere.

Had the granddaughters Friday and Saturday so that was nice.
Reschedule the train trip as soon as you are able. Beautiful scenery and a great ride. That’s the railroad train Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid blew up in the movie. I saw the Cumbres Pass station in another movie recently.

Latest posts

Top Bottom