Potential FED on the classifieds.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought something smelled fishy. He contacted me too in response to my post WTB Mini14 post. I informed @dlbleak and @okierider that I thought something might be up with the guy, looks like I was right. Fortunately it didn’t get that far, just that he has one he’d like to sell. Never had anything like this happen to me before and lesson learned. No way I’d do any business with someone that doesn’t have some track record.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Should have told him that you have a buddy named Mav that's looking for a few giggle switches if he has them....
Does that chap need some lowers? I know a guy.

1665749852449.jpeg

j99tc88

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The other one I wasn’t fond of I believe was from Illinois, wanted to buy my shotgun and have a cousin here pick it up. Told him what I would need from his cousin and no more contact.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate to snitch on anyone but telling on police officers trying to entrap people who are ignorant of the law doesn't count as snitching to me.

BMoose571 from California apparently replied to a post of mine looking for a new complete lower and wanted to ship TO MY DOOR from his home state of California. I of course said no and that is illegal state to state shipping without a 4473. Seems like a sting or a scam. He put his name, date and time in the picture of the lower but keep your eyes open on here. Federal LEO or just ignorant, don't get caught slipping.

Anybody dumb enough to ignore or refuse to learn the law, DESERVES a painful lesson.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just an FYI. There seems to be a lot of misinformation about entrapment. What it is, the elements to it and the defense against it.

ENTRAPMENT—ELEMENTS​

Entrapment is a complete defense to a criminal charge, on the theory that "Government agents may not originate a criminal design, implant in an innocent person's mind the disposition to commit a criminal act, and then induce commission of the crime so that the Government may prosecute." Jacobson v. United States, 503 U.S. 540, 548 (1992). A valid entrapment defense has two related elements: (1) government inducement of the crime, and (2) the defendant's lack of predisposition to engage in the criminal conduct. Mathews v. United States, 485 U.S. 58, 63 (1988). Of the two elements, predisposition is by far the more important.

Inducement is the threshold issue in the entrapment defense. Mere solicitation to commit a crime is not inducement. Sorrells v. United States, 287 U.S. 435, 451 (1932). Nor does the government's use of artifice, stratagem, pretense, or deceit establish inducement. Id. at 441. Rather, inducement requires a showing of at least persuasion or mild coercion, United States v. Nations, 764 F.2d 1073, 1080 (5th Cir. 1985); pleas based on need, sympathy, or friendship, ibid.; or extraordinary promises of the sort "that would blind the ordinary person to his legal duties," United States v. Evans, 924 F.2d 714, 717 (7th Cir. 1991). See also United States v. Kelly, 748 F.2d 691, 698 (D.C. Cir. 1984) (inducement shown only if government's behavior was such that "a law-abiding citizen's will to obey the law could have been overborne"); United States v. Johnson, 872 F.2d 612, 620 (5th Cir. 1989) (inducement shown if government created "a substantial risk that an offense would be committed by a person other than one ready to commit it").

Even if inducement has been shown, a finding of predisposition is fatal to an entrapment defense. The predisposition inquiry focuses upon whether the defendant "was an unwary innocent or, instead, an unwary criminal who readily availed himself of the opportunity to perpetrate the crime." Mathews, 485 U.S. at 63. Thus, predisposition should not be confused with intent or mens rea: a person may have the requisite intent to commit the crime, yet be entrapped. Also, predisposition may exist even in the absence of prior criminal involvement: "the ready commission of the criminal act," such as where a defendant promptly accepts an undercover agent's offer of an opportunity to buy or sell drugs, may itself establish predisposition. Jacobson, 503 U.S. at 550.
Does anyone at this point thinks that matters? It's not about the law entirely, it's about punishing you. Imagine the legal fees, you may win, stay out of prison, but be saddled with $1,000s... Glad we have laws in place, wish there was equal justice under the law, we have some though that are more "equal" than others. Best defense, know your rights and know the law ahead of time. May not be a fed but could an anti gun journalist or activist.

Latest posts

Top Bottom