Potential FED on the classifieds.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know, it really is a durn pity the shape we've gotten into. I will likely be posting some items for sale in the near future, but I have been really hesitant to do it. It seems sad, but as @Glock 'em down says, I think you need to confine your transactions to well established OSA members nowadays. I'm sure we have some totally honest, well-meaning new members out there, and I hope they are not insulted when someone declines to do business with them. I have only been burned once on a deal through this site, and it was many moons ago. Thankfully, my trust only cost me $70, but still.

When will the previews air??!! :laugh6:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, it really is a durn pity the shape we've gotten into. I will likely be posting some items for sale in the near future, but I have been really hesitant to do it. It seems sad, but as @Glock 'em down says, I think you need to confine your transactions to well established OSA members nowadays. I'm sure we have some totally honest, well-meaning new members out there, and I hope they are not insulted when someone declines to do business with them. I have only been burned once on a deal through this site, and it was many moons ago. Thankfully, my trust only cost me $70, but still.
Given that I have like 25 “well established” OSA members on ignore, I don’t really think that’s a very good litmus test.:anyone:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well guys looks like he’s back under another screen name. Same phone number in Michigan and lists California as location. @okierider is there anyway to stop this guy? I know on another forum I visit once your banned and if you reregister under a different name it’s a big deal.
View attachment 310140
That phone number is a VOIP number registered to the provider bandwidth.com. I’m willing to bet it is just a scam. You can report the number for fraudulent activity here: https://www.bandwidth.com/legal/report-a-phone-number/

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't we already have a way to weed out or discourage "scammers"...or those who don't follow thru with a deal? Isn't that what the feedback process is for?

Personally, I kinda feel like if you're an adult and can't spot a scammer before he takes your money without delivering a lot of that's on you. And, yes, it's happened to me before...that's how I learned. It was a long time ago and hasn't happened since. You can't always foresee the future and I understand that. About 25 years ago I paid a fair amount of money for an AC-556 from a reputable dealer from out-of-state. Long story short...dealer went bankrupt and out of business before my ATF approval came thru. I lost about $3500 and there wasn't much I could do about it. I did my due diligence on the business but still got burned.

The old saying "if it looks to good to be true..." applies. If you feel like a new member (or anyone else for that matter) isn't trustworthy or not worth risking a meet for whatever reason, don't do it. Most of the time your "gut feeling" about someone should lead you in the right direction.

I guess I just take the whole idea of being responsible for your actions to be a guiding principle. There's been more than one time an upstanding member here has complained about how another member handled a transaction but then won't mention the offender's user name and hasn't left feedback. Give the person an opportunity to make it right if possible but use the feedback feature and report the issue to the admins if necessary. The last thing any of us needs are more rules in our lives.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Having someone on ignore because you don't like what someone says in a thread is a whole lot different than how they handle transactions. I'll stick with the feedback.

Maybe, but if you’re an @sshole on the board, chances are you’re probably an @sshole in other aspect of life.

I don't actually have anybody on ignore. I DO ignore some members, but I don't have them ON ignore.
My agreement was that simply because they are well established doesn't mean that they would be reasonable to deal with. I have always checked feedback and asked other members who I do know really well if they have any knowledge of said member.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't actually have anybody on ignore. I DO ignore some members, but I don't have them ON ignore.
My agreement was that simply because they are well established doesn't mean that they would be reasonable to deal with. I have always checked feedback and asked other members who I do know really well if they have any knowledge of said member.
You really need to try the ignore button. It really adds enjoyment to the board and is liberating. It did learn you can’t ignore a moderator, so you just have to put up with those @ssholes. :lmfao:

Latest posts

Top Bottom