Prayers and help for Pinkhamr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridurall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
tRidiot Thank you for the descriptions of some of the surgical procedures. By the way I just got my Nightforce NXS 8-32X56 scope back from the factory where I had a new highspeed zerostop turret installed. Makes it much easier for long range shooting and I got an education a few weeks ago with some guys that had gongs set up from 300 yards to a mile. They had their scopes dialed in with the ballistic programs on their phones and were making first round bulls eyes at 1000 yards. I was just using the reticle in my scope to adjust for hold over but I did get on target at 719 yards on the second shot and that was with not so accurate API bullets. I can't wait to get Randy out there with our 50s for another fun day. Thank you so much for the prayer for my friend and myself. I really appreciate that. You don't know what a relief it was for Patti, Scott and Nikat to have taking up the duty to get him that laptop. I spent yesterday killing Termites in Lone Wolf and so wish I could have been there when he came out of surgery. Again, thank you all for the prayers and well wishes.

Ron

ridurall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was beginning to wonder about Randy but I just got this from Linda: “ Was with Randy all night. With the Trach I wanted/needed to be with him. Then waited for Doc’ rounds.

Randy is again improved. Don’t know about xray yet. He passed the breathing test. Almost easily. Expect to try just O2 through trach today. See how he maintains. One step closer to home. God is good…NO…… GREAT!”

I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh no so sorry to hear this. I have not been on in some time. Randy is a good dude! Did they get a laptop? If not, I am certain I can obtain one and drop it by anytime.

ridurall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes they got the Laptop the next day. Ya'll are wonderful.

Here is today's update:

I don't know how long Randy is going to be in Intensive Care up in Oklahoma City but Linda did send me an address for those who would like to send cards or whatever.

Linda wrote:” Can get mail, send to

Randy Pinkham C/O
Baptist Hospital
3300 NW Expressway
Oklahoma City, Ok 73112”

Also for today’s update:” Randy is about same On Vent (CPAP) support when he gets tired. Xray showed some fluid accumulation. So back on Lasix. Rest is hard to get.”

From my point of view Linda has sure been a trooper and I feel so sorry for what they both are going through. At least I can do what little I can to keep the folks up to date on what is going on. I so wish I could do more.

Ron

ridurall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry but I’ve been out away from my computer where I have the addresses to send the updates from Randy. He has reached the point where he is doing some communicating but seems to tire out easily. He did set on the side of the bed and looked great doing it. His daughter cut his hair and he is not looking like a hippy anymore. (with the buzz cut there was no way he could ever look like a hippy anyway). His messages get a bit flummoxed up I think with the auto spell corrector. I know it makes me sound like an idiot at times too. Here are a few notes from Randy:
“NEW BUZZ CUTT TOO THE RITE WAY TOOR. NAP TIME LATER. YES I FEEL BETTER.”

I sent a picture of my daughter and the buck she shot yesterday and it went also to a friend of Randy’s from Denton Tx called Dennis Brooks. I told Randy about him and I texting back and forth and he sent me this: “LOL snuck in a got a buzz A C all the way Later all @ NO UT Dennis is a g00d a good friend o mine. Then Linda wrote: “UPDATE: Rand is improving by baby steps. Echo yesterday showed heart is good. {I KNEW THAT}/ Respiratory had a fun time when he had a bout of sneezing”. Is on vent so he can rest today. Cristin helped with a hair cut last nite. I did a lousy job and Randy sure let me know.” Then he wrote: “ TEXT ME PHOTO OF 30 INCH 50. May have to take a photo with cell from computer monitor. Thanx!”

I’ve included pictures of them and my daughter with her buck she took with her 50 caliber muzzle loader yesterday.

Ron

The last message I got from Randy came with a picture of his hair cut: “NEW BUZZ CUTT TOO THE RITE WAY TOOR.NAT LATER, YES I FEEL BETTER. ”

I just now got another message from him: “doc ran another EKG on me. WTH.”

ridurall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Linda sent me a text at 8:50 am this morning: “ Randy did very well yesterday. Many visitors. May be allowed to stand and walk a little. With assist of a portable ventilator. Cool. Will let you know. UPDATE: Randy continues to improve. He can adjust the bed into a recliner position. Today we will try to walk with a portable ventilator and I was contacted about a long term acute care facility. This will help with PT and Ventilator weaning. We are close.”

Ron here: please keep those prayers coming.

Ron

I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".

Latest posts

Top Bottom