Prayers and help for Pinkhamr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridurall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Linda is heading back to Altus for catch up and work. She has been a real trooper by Randy’s side this whole time.

She sent this morning: “Randy had quite a lengthy battle with coughing this morning. It tires him out. He is resting nicely now. No more reports until Wednesday as I am returning home.”

Randy will have the cell phone but he still can’t talk. At best he can 1 tap for yes 2 taps for no. It’s hard to talk. You might be able to text him though.

Ron

ridurall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m getting texts from Randy now that Linda came home to catch up on some stuff. He is getting his sense of humor back. He still can’t talk or eat but is looking like a real person. I told him of some long range shooting with my son-in-law yesterday afternoon and sure missed having Randy there. I just received my Nightforce scope back with new Zerostop and high speed turret installed and I used my phone ballistic program to figure out the drop at 400 yards and a rock face at 575 yards. I was only using pulled API bullets but they printed less than 1 inch group in both cases. I was shocked with the performance. I didn’t think that was possible.

Randy sent a text this morning: “I know too dang early LOL they gave me a stimulant pill way to early 5:30 I want to buy Courtney a decent pair of shooting glasses. Not super-expensive ones. Thoughts? Thanx. Ron, I can’t find your email address.”

So in the long run Randy seems to be feeling much better. He still has a long way to go. Man I miss not being able to talk with him or shoot with him.

Ron

ridurall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The good news is Randy can now talk. They installed something in his Trach. that allows him to automaticly speak and it sounds like Randy. Sure is nice to have a conversation with him.

From Linda: Update:” Randy continues to do longer stints on flow-by (20 hrs) and he is talking, so life is good. BUT his low back & knee pain is problematic.”

I assume it is from being trapped in bed for such long periods of time. It is so nice to be able to talk to him. Before the only response I could get from him was tap the phone once for yes & twice for no.

They still figure a few weeks up there. Man I miss him and our shooting together.

Ron

ridurall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From Randy, “Hi and all is Okay. I have had to minimize speaking. I passed my BLUE ICE test just fine. I did not pass the swallow test yesterday. Something weird goin on. The new doc will be here very soon to run a few things down my throat. Takes an hour or so, Later.”

From Linda “UPDATE: Randy is doing so well that he talks too much. THIS may be causing swelling in his throat. The swelling reduces the tube for swallowing. The is why he could swallow liquid, but not soft pudding. Get the swelling controlled and he will be good to eat. It could ber from talking too much. Otherwise esophagus looks good and clear. “

Now from me. I worry about trying to call him if he has going quite a while without an update. I don’t want to disturb him because he needs all the rest he can get. It was nice to get a call from him today and this update. Keep praying for our friend. Deer season starts Saturday and while he is not a deer hunter I do miss spending time with him.

Ron

Latest posts

Top Bottom