Preference in duck calls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, they say that the circa 1970's 1980's stuff is really good. It is when they mass marketed that they said there quality went down. Even before the shows started airing, there are threads saying that their calls were guaranteed to stick.

Thats why I like Doc Calls so much, the only time mine have ever stuck was when they were frozen solid, but a couple second blow through the back of the call and you're back running again.

He modifies the tone board in a way I haven't seen anyone else do.

http://www.doccalls.com/stick_proof.htm

www.doccalls.com_Three_insert_cutout.jpg

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, they say that the circa 1970's 1980's stuff is really good. It is when they mass marketed that they said there quality went down. Even before the shows started airing, there are threads saying that their calls were guaranteed to stick.

I've got a DC Duck Picker and it the easiest blowing, best sounding, most versatile call on my lanyard.......When it's not sticking.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i've been blowing on a duck commander call from the 80's when they gave calls away to get recognition. one of the easiest calls to do a feed call with. echo calls have some edmond ties with one of the prostaff being from here,have one of those also. but, the call i can count on every time is a an old rnt that was free with a du membership many years ago. basically, you can call me a cheap sob that can't make many calls sound good so why waste my money. right?

PAINT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Currently using Echo calls(poly). The double read tends to stick, but besides that they sound good. My girlfriend bought me a Duck Commander call (one of the nicer ones), and it sounds pretty good but haven't put it on my lanyard. I'm fixing to pick up a RNT Daisy Cutter, I've read a lot of good things about RNT. I'd stay away from Haydel's calls unless you can stand the smell of crap.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
You wanna find the best duck call for you?

Just go into Bass Pro Shop and blow on every duck call they have for as long and loud as possible like everybody else does.

Latest posts

Top Bottom