Pretty sobering child predator statistics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know how many or which ones will admit that the internet is the source of a lot of our predator problems as well as terrorist planning, fraud, scams etc. I think that if a study was done the end result would be a dramatic increase in nefarious activities post-internet. That still doesn't negate the parent's responsibilities.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
WHERE do all these SICK SOB, pedophiles come from? This is not just poor, un-educated bums, but it seems to be ALL levels, except VERY HIGH UP POLITICIANS, JUDGES, MEDIA MOGALS, MOVIE STARS, AND THE SUPER RICH, that can hire scape-goats like Epstine, to take the heat! Of course they will all say it's not their fault, they were born that way, just like everyone else that does SICK SEX ACTS, ON THEMSELVES, OTHERS, DOGS, AND INANIMATE OBJECTS! SPOILED BRATS, OF ANY AGE, ALL HAVE ONE THING IN COMMON, THEY CARE NOTHING FOR ANYONE, EXCEPT THEMSELVES, AND WHAT THEY WANT, RIGHT?

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have many friends that are LE and was talking to a couple of them not long ago about this. They mentioned that so much of this issue could be reduced or completely prevented by parents taking control of what apps their kids have access to. They just refuse to do it or think that it won't happen to their kids, and it does.

https://screenandreveal.com/online-predators-statistics/
Is this what the FALL of a once great society looks like? I suspect it is!! A society without morals, is just a ZOO!

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Between the online bullying, inappropriate photos/videos that get shared, potential kiddie diddlers, lack of real human interaction, distractions they cause at school, etc we do not allow our kids to have electronics. No phones, no tablets, no video games, no computers, no social media. If we take in a foster kid that has one then it leaves with the case worker.

We once had a little girl who came home from a visit with a tablet. My wife didn't recognize the brand so she looked it up. It was made for tracking children, every time the screen turned on it took a picutre of whoever was using it and sent the image and GPS coordinates to a preprogrammed email address. My wife immediately took the battery out, bagged it up, set it on the porch, and called the case worker and told her that she had 30 minutes to pick it up or it was getting smashed with a hammer and tossed in the trash. The case worker completely understood and it was gone.

Why was this significant? The boyfriend of this girl's mother was accused of raping the little girl (age 6) and hadn't been arrested yet (still developing the case, needed her to go through a foresic interview for the DA). She did that, told what he did to her, he was arrested and eventually tried, convicted, and sentenced to a total of 90 years, and is currently residing at the Harp Correctional Center in Lexington. Did I mention that his sentence is consecutive? He will most likely die in prison.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was told once, and I dont have anything to back it up, but the large majority of child molestation/abduction or death comes from immediate family members or friend of the family.
Anyone know if that is true? I believe it may be.
It is. From my wife’s ER experiences, it seems very common.

A cop buddy told me another huge number comes from single moms working while “boyfriend” stays home with her kids.

Both of them remarked how little this stuff gets publicized, and how dirt common it is. People really are pieces of excrement so many times.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Between the online bullying, inappropriate photos/videos that get shared, potential kiddie diddlers, lack of real human interaction, distractions they cause at school, etc we do not allow our kids to have electronics. No phones, no tablets, no video games, no computers, no social media. If we take in a foster kid that has one then it leaves with the case worker.

We once had a little girl who came home from a visit with a tablet. My wife didn't recognize the brand so she looked it up. It was made for tracking children, every time the screen turned on it took a picutre of whoever was using it and sent the image and GPS coordinates to a preprogrammed email address. My wife immediately took the battery out, bagged it up, set it on the porch, and called the case worker and told her that she had 30 minutes to pick it up or it was getting smashed with a hammer and tossed in the trash. The case worker completely understood and it was gone.

Why was this significant? The boyfriend of this girl's mother was accused of raping the little girl (age 6) and hadn't been arrested yet (still developing the case, needed her to go through a foresic interview for the DA). She did that, told what he did to her, he was arrested and eventually tried, convicted, and sentenced to a total of 90 years, and is currently residing at the Harp Correctional Center in Lexington. Did I mention that his sentence is consecutive? He will most likely die in prison.

I "Liked" your post, but I did so primarily after hearing of the perpetrator's sentence length.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is sickening how much of this happens. We handle cases where we are going after the institutions that enable these predators. (Schools, churches, youth organizations). In every case, there is ALWAYS a co-worker who knows something wrong is going on, but doesn’t have the moral courage to step up and report it. Those people should be prosecuted too, but, unfortunately, never are. I had a case involving an 11 year old girl groomed by a 43 year old male teacher. A female teacher tried to take a letter from the little girl to the perp while he was in county. She should have caught charges, and lost her teaching license, but nothing happened to her.

It happens to boys too. We just settled a case involving a male church youth leader molesting a boy. The child went from being an outstanding student and athlete to cutting class, taking drugs, and having multiple run ins with the police for a couple of years. Thank God, that with prayer, intense psychological counseling, and family support, this young man is back on the right road. But it never should have happened in the first place, and would not have if the church had preformed the most basic of background checks.

As a parent, question everything. EVERYTHING. Even if it pisses your kids off. Watch for “gifts.” Particularly of phones, tablets, etc. Watch their behavior. If they have a rapid shift in personality, get to the bottom of it.

Whatever damage you’re afraid you’re going to do being a helicopter parent, is less than the damage that would be done to your child, if somebody got a hold of them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom