Price Gouging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gunworld in Midwest City is the epitomy of price gouging they get those GI's and their paycheck and charge them 36.99 for .22lr and $79 pmags. you get a quad rail for 149ish and change....this place sucks and should be boycotted.

Gunworld being three blocks from where I used to work, I used to spend lunch banging in their range a few years back... I remember seeing brown bear 223 for $25.99 per 20rnd box... But you couldn't shoot it in their range

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gunworld being three blocks from where I used to work, I used to spend lunch banging in their range a few years back... I remember seeing brown bear 223 for $25.99 per 20rnd box... But you couldn't shoot it in their range

They were just protecting you from your own temptations. You should thank them.

newxder50

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey all, checking in from Maine...last week I was about to give up on my AR build and sell my completed lower as I was not able to get an upper anywhere for what I considered a decent price (600 or under) so I placed an order with a company that warned that the upper would be about 90-120 days (blah)...I get it, but that didn't stop me from being discouraged...so I was searching the internet this past Thursday and found Fatboy tactical...they had 4 uppers in stock just like the one I was looking for and had on order for 120 days!! Couldn't believe it!! I did my research on them and everything seems good, no negatives and no BBB reports like a company in IL that is infamous for their horrible customer service. I pulled the trigger and ordered the upper from them and within an hour they processed my order and later that day I got a tracking number...my upper is on its way as I write this...this impresses me greatly in this market...and they even sent a personal email to let me know it was on the way...hope it's a nice set-up and I look forward to doing business with them again.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey all, checking in from Maine...last week I was about to give up on my AR build and sell my completed lower as I was not able to get an upper anywhere for what I considered a decent price (600 or under) so I placed an order with a company that warned that the upper would be about 90-120 days (blah)...I get it, but that didn't stop me from being discouraged...so I was searching the internet this past Thursday and found Fatboy tactical...they had 4 uppers in stock just like the one I was looking for and had on order for 120 days!! Couldn't believe it!! I did my research on them and everything seems good, no negatives and no BBB reports like a company in IL that is infamous for their horrible customer service. I pulled the trigger and ordered the upper from them and within an hour they processed my order and later that day I got a tracking number...my upper is on its way as I write this...this impresses me greatly in this market...and they even sent a personal email to let me know it was on the way...hope it's a nice set-up and I look forward to doing business with them again.

You would find that this is more the norm in Oklahoma than the exception. Good people reward good people with business, and word spreads quickly. Welcome to the forum.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

We thank you for giving us a chance.

dx3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so I was searching the internet this past Thursday and found Fatboy tactical...they had 4 uppers in stock just like the one I was looking for and had on order for 120 days!! Couldn't believe it!! I did my research on them and everything seems good, no negatives and no BBB reports like a company in IL that is infamous for their horrible customer service. I pulled the trigger and ordered the upper from them and within an hour they processed my order and later that day I got a tracking number...my upper is on its way as I write this...this impresses me greatly in this market...and they even sent a personal email to let me know it was on the way...hope it's a nice set-up and I look forward to doing business with them again.

FBT rocks... They get all my AR business. Doesn't hurt that they are 3 miles away either... well, aside from hurting my wallet ;)

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know a guy that is hardly selling any 9mm at just above scrap price! He was even making noise about scrapping it to make room for stuff that does sell. I blame the primer hoarders for some of this.

Blame it on (pick whoever, it doesn't matter) .................... THIS is a Baba tactic. The whole situation is from panic caused by an out of control, over reaching government. IF you were prepared, then you wouldn't be too concerned with the prices and panic buying. It has happened before and it will pass. Sounds like a good opportunity to get some 9mm brass on the cheap, for anybody who shoots pip-squeak guns. Now, if he had some .45ACP???????????

Over inflated prices effect those who are not prepared or uninformed adn submit to the panic. I'm not buying or selling unless a deal is to be made.

Walrus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Colorado Pmag prices direct from Magpul with the benefit of jumping to the head of the line and $5 shipping: $14.95 ea. ($17.95 for windowed) You can only buy 5 in this Boulder Airlift deal they're doing, but lots of boudreaux have put in for their 5 on my behalf, at my request.

noslogto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can't even find any overpriced ammo here in Southern Okla. Not that I would pay these prices...but man, I would like to see some ammo on the shelves! I've been looking for 5.56 stuff for three months. Of course we only have a couple small independent gun shops and Wal-Mart...

The only other option is online and I've only seen it at Gunbroker...and it's way overpriced. I saw 1000 rds of PMC 5.56 sell for $1600. CRAZY

Latest posts

Top Bottom