Private Hitler

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Will have to give it a read, the movie "Downfall" was good, about the last weeks of Hitler, based off of his secretary's notes.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Downfall is a very good movie.

And I've never seen any proof that Hitler had plans to "take over the world". I'm guessing that's just western propaganda.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jorge:

Time to clear up some misinformation:

He actually came from a very dysfunctional family as I saw on a tv documentary once...
The whole story about das dritte Reich is crazy... his plans to take over the world was just the master plan.

But he had his fingers everywhere... the tests on children - especially twins with blue eyes, his constructions and the plan to create "Germania" as well as the plan to steal the most valuable art from museums and store them in a booby trapped bunker.

He was not involved in the experiments of twins. That was SS Doctor Josef Mengle. Hitler's plan for the plundered artwork was to put it into a museum in his hometown of Linz. He designed the building himself.

Wait, there's more... he not only was killing jews, he also used them for hard labor (just like non-jewish people). He was the creator of the Autobahn. Also, the unemployment rate was 0% back then. Either you did work for him, were old and/or sick (so old and/or sick you couldn't fight and/or work), underaged or dead. If you were underaged you had to join the Hitlerjugend... where they began washing your brain.

Young boys joined the Deutsches Jungvolk.

Teenaged boys joined the Hitlerjungend

German girls joined Bund Deutsher Madel

Hitler was crazy... but evil smart in the same instance. He took control after the Kaiser died and nobody knew where to go...
People followed him and were hoping for good. But it came bad. He gained more and more power... look up his speeches on youtube. You might don't understand everything, but you see his expressions... you see how he can be very convincingly. He was the Fuehrer and he had absolute power.

The Kaiser died in exile 10 years after Hitler achieved political power. He was happy that Hitler had "restored Germany's national honor."

With that said, he also had alot of antagonists within his own military..
They failed to act until 1944. They had an opportunity in 1938, but failed to act.

As well as alot of civilians were against him. Alot of people tried to kill him, but they failed... and got executed. Mostly right at the same day.

There were civilians that were against him, but the German population overwhelmingly supported him. They loved him right up until the war was obviously lost, and many of the population did not blame Hitler for that, they blamed the generals.

What is scary about Hitler and the Nazis is not that they were some objective personification of evil. They were not some supernatural demonic force. They were men just like us. Regular human beings who allowed a twisted ideaology to destroy their moral compass in the name of patriotism. It is a very real danger that still exists. You see it here on this board when people advocate placing landmines along the border with no regard for the innocent women and children who would be maimed and killed. After all, they are sub human criminal invaders.

Yep, the Hitlerites are still with us, they just wear a different uniform and sing different songs.

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The term of the Treaty of Versailles made Germany accept full responsibility for the war and repay the allies a humongus amount of war repairations. The finacial burden could never be paid back because of all the restrictions placed on German industry. This lead to crazy inflation and German citizen unrest and a power void in German government. Hitler worked his way legally to the top and then pronounced himself Der Furher by promising the people a return to their former greatness. He had many devout followers but there were still some that ditried to oppose him and were delt with swiftly and severly.

J

JJEH

Jorge:

Time to clear up some misinformation:

He was not involved in the experiments of twins. That was SS Doctor Josef Mengle. Hitler's plan for the plundered artwork was to put it into a museum in his hometown of Linz. He designed the building himself.

Dr. Mengele had the absolute power in the concentration camps - given by Hitler! And I don't even wanna talk about what they did...

Albert Speer was his architect who had power over Hitlers building plans. And Speer had alot of pressure of finishing the projects.

Young boys joined the Deutsches Jungvolk.

Teenaged boys joined the Hitlerjungend

German girls joined Bund Deutsher Madel

Sounds right, but still this is where they became their brain wash.

There were civilians that were against him, but the German population overwhelmingly supported him. They loved him right up until the war was obviously lost, and many of the population did not blame Hitler for that, they blamed the generals.

Where did you got this information from?

What is scary about Hitler and the Nazis is not that they were some objective personification of evil. They were not some supernatural demonic force. They were men just like us.

Scary part is that alot of people think he did good to his people. He wanted only good for himself! When he was talking about "his" people he called them "the brown croud"...

Alot of people "joined" the military because that was to them the only way to have at least a chance to survive.

I'm really sick of that subject and the compare to Mr. Obama (which you can find here and there).
Mr. Obama is *I cannot say that* compared to Hitler. You guys have no idea what was going on back then...

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys have no idea what was going on back then...

And somehow you do?

You might consider that Hitler took a demoralized, bankrupt nation and restored their national pride, gave them a booming economy, and installed a very successful banking system outside of the control of the rest of the world's central banking system. He basically pulled them out of a post-war depression and turned them into a world superpower. That's why he had a lot of people on the hook. They didn't realize (or didn't want to realize) that he was also going to keep power with an iron fist, and was going to drag his people to war.

J

JJEH

And somehow you do?

I learned about that in school. I did watch some documentaries in which eye witnesses were explaining their life back then as well. Also all my grandparents fought and survived in WWII. And they told me their stories... Sure I don't know everything, but sure more than just random internet stories...

You might consider that Hitler took a demoralized, bankrupt nation and restored their national pride, gave them a booming economy, and installed a very successful banking system outside of the control of the rest of the world's central banking system. He basically pulled them out of a post-war depression and turned them into a world superpower. That's why he had a lot of people on the hook. They didn't realize (or didn't want to realize) that he was also going to keep power with an iron fist, and was going to drag his people to war.

And you might consider what the story behind is. Why he did what he did. If you admire him for that... fine, it's your thing.
He had a plan in his mind and he wanted to achive it. No matter what.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ByrdC130 said:
The term of the Treaty of Versailles made Germany accept full responsibility for the war and repay the allies a humongus amount of war repairations. The finacial burden could never be paid back because of all the restrictions placed on German industry. This lead to crazy inflation and German citizen unrest and a power void in German government. Hitler worked his way legally to the top and then pronounced himself Der Furher by promising the people a return to their former greatness. He had many devout followers but there were still some that ditried to oppose him and were delt with swiftly and severly.

The night of the long knives comes to mind.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I learned about that in school. I did watch some documentaries in which eye witnesses were explaining their life back then as well. Also all my grandparents fought and survived in WWII. And they told me their stories... Sure I don't know everything, but sure more than just random internet stories...

Most of what we are taught in school (which ain’t much) is crap. I like to read books written by English historians; I’ve found they tend to be the most un-biased, whereas a lot of the American accounts I’ve seen look more like ‘40s propaganda than objective history.

And you might consider what the story behind is. Why he did what he did. If you admire him for that... fine, it's your thing.
He had a plan in his mind and he wanted to achive it. No matter what.

Let me guess: world domination, and kill all the Jews, right? And thanks for throwing in my perceived admiration for him. Not the case, but I won’t discount some of the impressive things he accomplished outside of the atrocities he was responsible for.

Latest posts

Top Bottom