Problems with ammo for a S&W .357...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shortgrass

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Firing it in single action or double action mode shouldn't make a difference. You stated it was "PMC ammo", you could be right , I've seen some imported ammo that isn't worth buying. If you have friend that has a S&W 'K' or 'L' frame revolver you could compare the two as to how hard (or easy) it is to cock the hammer. Check that main spring strain screw (under the grips on the front of the grip frame) and make sure it is screwed all the way in, then try some different ammo IF you can find any. .357 and .38 Special are still hard to find. If S&W wants you to send it back to them, check with the dealer you bought it from, chances are he can ship it for less dollars than you can and as good customer service he should help you with this.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ah quiet, you jabroni!;)

The SSR is a stock factory gun, and it doesnt have a trigger job, just some factory polishing. And I guarrantee that if it doesnt set off any kind of primers, then is needs to go back to SW, cause theres a warrantee issue.

Agreed. I have the same gun. Never have I had a FTF. Shoots all ammo I feed it. Sounds like something unique to your weapon. Sweet shooter btw. :patriot:

Latest posts

Top Bottom