Problems with Roku 2 XD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just bought a new Roku 2 XD this weekend and am having problems getting it set up. Any one have one of these and had problems with it? I talked to their tech support today. No help there, they are escalating it to the next level up. I will have to wait till tomorrow for them to call back.

I can get it to connect to my home network wirelessly but when it decides to download updated programming it just sits there and times out.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are your other Wi-fi devices getting a good signal in the same room as the Roku? If they are, then I would think the Roku is just a lemon. There isn't much too them. Taking it back to the store would probably be less of a waste of time than waiting for them to respond.

Old Timer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Make sure you have a very good WiFi link. It needs to download a lot of data for movies also, so if you have any problems, use a wired connection.
Mine is in the back bedroom, and did not have a good signal. I fought it for a while before I used a wired connection, then everything was great.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine is a "non ethernet" wireless only model. I can go to the "secret screen" and it says the signal strength is excellent. The Roku is closer to the router than my computer (wireless and in a different room) and the computer will download streaming 1080p quality videos from Hulu without any problems.

I am thinking it is just a bad one but I will give them till about 6 pm tonight before I return it to wallyworld.

cyberslider

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would take it back to where you bought it and get another one. I had a problem with the first one I bought. Not the same problem as you - mine would not do anything out of the box. Took it back and exchanged it for another one. Second one worked fine.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is your wireless router directly connected to the internet modem? Are they the same box?

I get "free" high speed internet where I live. It is included in the rent. My router plugs directly into the wall. The only reason I have a wireless router is because I didn't want to run a wire into the back bedroom/reloading room.

Latest posts

Top Bottom