Progressive Auto Ins.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went with Progressive prior to this post and so far they are the cheapest out there. I was with liberty mutual and they were great except we sold our house and no longer had a bundle with them. So the price for auto went up tremendously. So we looked elsewhere USAA, Liberty Mutual, Geico, and went with progressive. In addition we signed up for their Snapshot program which could save us more $

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless you are high risk uninsurable by the traditional brick and mortar agencies there is no savings and no need to stay with progressive.
I had to use them years ago, the combination of my age, a couple of tickets and a DUI that plead to reckless driving meant insurance through state farm, allstate etc. was financially unobtainable. Under those circumstances progressive was the cheapest to get.

Those of you who keep touting USAA forget there are many of us who don't qualify for insurance with them. They were recently ranked as the best nationwide though, clark howard did a piece on insurance a month or so back.

State Farm is highly rated as well, we have everything with them, insuring sport bikes is an especially expensive proposition with progressive. $2,400 per year for liability only. My bike is $280 year for full coverage with state farm.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had them from the time I went on my own policy @ about 18 years of age until I turned 25 two years ago. The reason I switched was I was involved in an accident for which I was labeled not at fault in the police report and they still ended up finding me at fault in the claim and I ended up paying for it with increased premiums. When I went to USAA and explained to them the occurance the rep basically said that was egregious and signed me up on the spot at a cheaper rate with better coverage than I got with Progressive in the first place.(The only reason I wasn't with USAA to begin with is that I was unaware that I was a member, apparently I was on a policy with the family once back in the day and so I am still eligible) So obviously I agree with VitruvianDoc, use USAA if possible, I have my Auto and Home policies through them and have shopped around at big name carriers and private brokers and as far as cost and coverage they have not been beat (for me) yet...

Muleman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, but if any of it is at all true, and if this company has anything to do with sorros, I got nothing for them.

Some people couldn't care less about what might hurt our country, as long as it serves them well here and now. If insurance was sold at wal-mart by the ROC, or in a back alley by AlQuida, you can bet that some people would buy it because it saved them a little money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom