Auto extended warranty feedback, anyone got one and are you happy with it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always thought Dave Ramsey said extended warranties arre a waste of money on average
I really think that one really has to think it through much more than what people are saying here. The largest issue is do you need the newer car to begin with, secondly do you have a cash reserve to take care of a major repair, then third what is the reliability of the vehicle and warranty cost, and finally how much risk do you want to incur. Although I am critical of dave ramsey there are some excellent things he recommends that all can learn from, such as the establishment of an emergency cash reserve.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
all the new tech on cars these days is scary for what can need repairs. I was told the windshield on our 2023 Rav4 is $2000 to replace
The ones with the rain sensors, adaptive cruise and braking can get up there in cost. You could probably get one for a bit less if you shopped around. Crazy having to pay $1300-$2000 for a windshield though.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The ones with the rain sensors, adaptive cruise and braking can get up there in cost. You could probably get one for a bit less if you shopped around. Crazy having to pay $1300-$2000 for a windshield though.
Ours does have those things you mentioned plus window wiper defrosting.
Don't need one, just mentioning what I was told if we ever do need to replace it.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Replaced the tailgate on my 2015 F150 and it was around $2000. Insurance paid the $1000 after I ponied up the $1000 deductible. An extended warranty would've helped and it's still under 100,000 miles. We bought one for my wife's BMW that extended hers out to 100,000 and lo and behold she had an oil leak. Would've been several thousand but extended warranty covered it.

Guess it's kind of like concealed carry - better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. As others stated, depends on your cash flow really. I knew the BMW would be crazy expensive if anything happened so rolled the dice and luckily came out on top.

Latest posts

Top Bottom