Auto extended warranty feedback, anyone got one and are you happy with it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 2 I’ve had have more than covered their cost & I only did one coverage period, never a renewal. The 2 vehicles were a new 2014 Toyota Corolla & a used 2017 Ford Expedition. The Toyota involved a total replacement of the radio/electronics package. The Ford went into “limp mode” when the accelerator wiring connection failed. Too many critical components on vehicles are outside the standard warranty coverage that the extra warranty bears consideration, IMO. Try to buy it separately from the dealer. My credit union offered plans.

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never had one before. A guy I worked with (15 years ago) had previously worked for one of those Extended Warranty Companies. He said mind your p's and q's because they don't pay out easily. From the inside out, he didn't altogether like or commit to them himself. They certainly can't be better now than they were. Like everything, it's constantly tuned and refined to adapt to the ever-changing world of profit. Just like your cereal, the contents in the box get smaller so the price doesn't get too much higher. But how do they do that. Easy, they make the height and width of box a little larger (looks like a better deal) as they reduce the depth (of coverage). Welcome to the Grand Illusion. I'm sure these policies work out for some and/or many people. His job was to make sure they didn't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom