Public School Parking Lot Bill passes house + 5 More

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing that "may" be worth mentioning is that it's been legal to leave it locked in your car at careertech for several years without any issues. At least that I'm aware of. So why not these other group of law abiding citizens?

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so HB2329 is in the news again. A local news station has asked me to do an interview for it.

Most of you know where I stand on 2A. What other thoughts would you like me to pass along?

Make sure you wear a cut off Confederate Flag tee shirt, with a bandana, and have a bottle of whiskey and cigars in the background. If you could have some kids screaming and running around in diapers, that would help to, you'd fit right in with most of the pople new stations do interviews with! (insert sarcasm)

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
so HB2329 is in the news again. A local news station has asked me to do an interview for it.

Most of you know where I stand on 2A. What other thoughts would you like me to pass along?

IMO, we have a good spokesman in you AJ. Make them aware that law abiding citizens, are not allowed by law to protect themselves to and from work each day. This effects me in that i either have to park off campus or choose to go back home if i'm headed to the range or going hunting after work. In the event of bad weather, sometimes parking out of the lot is a big hassle.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO, we have a good spokesman in you AJ. Make them aware that law abiding citizens, are not allowed by law to protect themselves to and from work each day. This effects me in that i either have to park off campus or choose to go back home if i'm headed to the range or going hunting after work. In the event of bad weather, sometimes parking out of the lot is a big hassle.

Ditto this.... the campus where my son goes to school is huge... I went to his spring assembly/concert the other night and had to leave it at home. No matter where I park off-campus, I would have to walk up a steep grade of hill and be a minimum of 2-3 blocks away AND parked alongside a busy public roadway - ON the shoulder. I guarantee I would get a ticket in no time. There's NO place to park outside the school property until you go another 2-3 blocks away to a large business complex. Literally would have to walk close to a quarter-mile, I think, to get to my son's assembly. Or just be undefended from the time we leave home until the time we return, which is what I did. When I drive to the school to pick up my son, I have to wait in the long, long line of cars to get him, instead of simply parking and walking 70 feet to get him and walk back to the truck.

Point out that keeping firearms on every other campus in Oklahoma is already legal - universities AND vo-techs - with no incidents. That people don't have the option sometimes to go home in-between leaving the school or going to the school. I pull up to the school and I can see my son playing on the playground, but I can't get out of my truck and go to get him. In actuality, they have a playground monitor after school, and I HAVE to get out of the truck, walk over and sign my son out - while my truck is still in sight, it's about 75 feet away, and according to the letter of the law, if I have so much as a single round of .22 ammunition rolling around in my center console or a door pocket, I've committed a felony. It's just plat out stupid.

A few weeks ago, I went to the public Easter-egg drop here in Bartlesville. Unfortunately, the park where it was held was quite full (of course, with thousands of people there) and they were not permitting people to park on the grass - they told us we would get a ticket. Not NEAR enough parking at the park for any kind of big event. Soooo.... they were directing people to the public school parking lot a block down the road. No-go for me, even though it was a Saturday and school wasn't in session, I was open-carrying and had a gun in the car as well and could not leave my car on school property. Told the guy directing traffic and he sympathized, said he was a former cop and he understood. But I was still S.O.L.

Personally, I love to quote the stat in those situations that according to data compiled and published by the OSBI, Oklahoma permit-holders are on average less likely to commit a violent crime than our own commissioned law enforcement officers! That is what the number show... and usually that will open a few people's eyes, in my experience.

Make sure you post your interview up here, AJ! Thanks!

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys deliver as always. Interview next week. Not sure if video or editorial...will update when I know.

Thx Danny, Chris, Paul and Darren and the others whom I haven't had the pleasure of meeting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom