Pump Kerosene in South OKC/Norman?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We need one of these here. I took this pic in Durango Colorado. Clerk said they sell a LOT of kerosene. I can't recall the exact price but IIRC it was about the same as gasoline premium price.
DurangoKerosene.jpg

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back when I was a kid, my father would go to a service station and purchase White Gas for our Coleman stove and Coleman lantern when we would go camping. I haven't seen a pump for that at service stations for years or one for kerosene either.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back when I was a kid, my father would go to a service station and purchase White Gas for our Coleman stove and Coleman lantern when we would go camping. I haven't seen a pump for that at service stations for years or one for kerosene either.
I remember that myself. That would have been in the 1960s.
Then one day Dad went to get some, and the tank wasn't there any more.
Talking to the station owner - you remember those stations. 2 bay garage, 4 pumps, fix your car, check your oil, and wash your windshield - the reason stated was evaporation.

Station owner said he lost more to evaporation than he sold. Couldn't make any money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom