Question about carrying in your house...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CK I think you could make a strong argument in court that the clause you quoted above is specific to and limited to the context of the SDA, meaning carrying outside the home. The SDA in no way affects anything whatsoever in regards to in-home carry or use of firearms.

As far as I can tell.

You could be in for a fight, though.

All likely true, but with the new open carry law, it is linked to having a concealed carry permit, thus linked to SDA. However, with that part of the law specifying that "ANY" homeowner can open carry on their own property without a permit, I'd think that one would be safe.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guns and Alcohol don't mix at all....I don't think you would have a problem in a justifiable shoot...but if it is something stupid you had better bet you would be in jail in the blink of an eye.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CK I think you could make a strong argument in court that the clause you quoted above is specific to and limited to the context of the SDA, meaning carrying outside the home. The SDA in no way affects anything whatsoever in regards to in-home carry or use of firearms.

Title 21 Sec 1289 is actually the "OKLAHOMA FIREARMS ACT OF 1971"

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with the OP. The only thing i would be mindful of is that alcohol can affect judgment. Thus, you may falsely identifiy something as a threat that is really not, or may have less of a normal inhibition to resort to leathal force when under the influence.

None of this discussion matters, because you probably wont remember it when you sober up! LOL!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First, on a personal level, I agree with your position. If I were at home, blind drunk or stone cold sober, and someone broke in, I would let loose on them. My concern would be that the DA would want to charge you. However, I am not sure what is exactly the law. It would also concern me to get 12 people on a jury to understand you have a right to protect yourself drunk or sober.

The "I shot a guy coming into my home, and I thought I was gonna die, and I had to shoot in self defense", then I was so freeked out that I had to have a drink defense should have been familiar to you if your involved in criminal law.
Same reason people with a hit and run while under the influence, hide out until the BAC goes away.

I figure you already know this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom