Question about carrying in your house...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
This is simple, once the BG is dead and you have called the police, while on the phone be sure to say "my nerves are a mess, I need a drink" (the call is recorded as evidence) and when the police arrive, they see you pulling off the bottle and nothing more is said.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If someone unlawfully breaks into your house you have the right to protect yourself. Seems like no repercussions back on you. Is there a law against being drunk in your own home?

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A person definitely has a right to protect himself/herself regardless of state of intoxication, but this I'd from the SDA:

TITLE 21 § 1289.9 CARRYING WEAPONS UNDER INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL
It shall be unlawful for any person to carry or use shotguns, rifles or pistols in any circumstances while under the influence of beer, intoxicating liquors or any hallucinogenic, or any unlawful or unprescribed drug, and it shall be unlawful for any person to carry or use shotguns, rifles or pistols when under the influence of any drug prescribed by a licensed physician if the after effects of such consumption affect mental, emotional or physical processes to a degree that would result in abnormal behavior. Any person convicted of a violation of the provisions of this section shall be punished as provided in Section 1289.15 of this title.
Any person convicted of a violation of the provisions of this section after having been issued a handgun license pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act shall have the license suspended for a term of six (6) months and shall be subject to an administrative fine of Fifty Dollars ($50.00), upon a hearing and

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
CK I think you could make a strong argument in court that the clause you quoted above is specific to and limited to the context of the SDA, meaning carrying outside the home. The SDA in no way affects anything whatsoever in regards to in-home carry or use of firearms.

As far as I can tell.

You could be in for a fight, though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom