Question about employer over-paying me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mpdelaney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So just how was he accepting it when it was the employer depositing it into his account? I don't get it. If they threatened legal action they're retards. They put the money into his account 3 months after termination? Good luck finding him at fault.

DT, it's your account, do with it what you wish. You've done your due diligence. Just hang onto any money you have (that you shouldn't have) to pay back when they pull their head out...

If you are receiving money into your account that you did not earn, you can be forced to pay it back. You cant tell me that you didn't know it wasnt in there. Bottom line, its not your money.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd be watching my W-2 as well to make sure they didn't double report to the IRS as well. You don't want to be paying taxes on overpayments that were returned.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are receiving money into your account that you did not earn, you can be forced to pay it back. You cant tell me that you didn't know it wasnt in there. Bottom line, its not your money.

Not arguing the fact that it should be returned. But if it were me, I'd take my sweet time about paying it back just on principle. My point was that THEIR incompetence isn't his problem.

Keep it and make them sue you for it. When they've spent 4x the amount on lawyers, just give it back to them. Teach them a stupid lesson.

If they start out with attitude that's exactly it! Especially if I could get my legal fees and time off paid by them too. :rubhands:

Latest posts

Top Bottom