Question about Paypal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They even have a cool app for smart phone to allow for swiping of credit cards. They will send you a little card reader that plugs into your headset jack for free. Fee for any CC swipe is 2.7% which is competitive.

Very handy when you're trying to start a business. My wife uses one for art shows and it works great. I've never had a problem with paypal otherwise.

OKCIS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Intuit and Square have the Credit card readers for your phone also and you dont have to deal with paypal the money just goes right into your bank account.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Intuit and Square have the Credit card readers for your phone also and you dont have to deal with paypal the money just goes right into your bank account.

PAYGO for both Intuit and Square are 2.75%. Square has a flat fee of $275 if you want 0%, which means if you swipe $10K or more per month with Square you're better off going that route. Intuit has the option of a $12.95 fee + 1.75%.

At low-volume <$5K/mo, they all three pretty much break even in terms of total fees, so it's really more of a matter of convenience.

I personally have both Square and Intuit accounts (in addition to others for web transactions), but only because Square was available to me first, and Intuit is only used for paying invoices electronically directly from the email since it shows up directly in QuickBooks. They cost me around $3 more per month than other providers would, and I get to save ~45 minutes of work that would be incurred by not allowing that option.

jerbo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They got my money back once when i didn't get what i ordered from WalMart. WalMart wouldn't even answer my emails. I buy everything i can through PP

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Paypal is TERRIBLE. They've been sued so many times its not even funny. Its just sucks everyone uses it so i use it because I have too on most occasions. Largest banking system in the world and its not FDIC insured......... They tie up your money on any occasion they can.

Latest posts

Top Bottom