Question for USSA members

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I am on the verge of getting a membership at USSA (still have to completely convince the wife). Question I have is when does everyone shoot at USSA? I personally prefer not to shoot completely by myself.

Almost forgot. I know there are tournaments and such almost every weekend but I am more interested in when people shoot other than those events.

:50cal:

DC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I am on the verge of getting a membership at USSA (still have to completely convince the wife). Question I have is when does everyone shoot at USSA? I personally prefer not to shoot completely by myself.

Almost forgot. I know there are tournaments and such almost every weekend but I am more interested in when people shoot other than those events.

:50cal:

I'm not sure what your enquiry is about but the range is so large that you could have 50 shooters at various disciplines and still feel like you are alone. I have been on the range at all times and have never found an instance that I could not change my objective, if needed, and still accomplish a good shoot.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DC,

I just like shooting with people vs shooting alone. I really do like the facilities out there just find more enjoyment shooting with others.

bboswell

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My office is close to downtown, and when the weather is nice, sometimes I will run out and send some rounds down range for a great mid-day diversion.

I am fairly new to the club and practical shooting, and just starting to shoot the club matches, which are great fun. Virtually everyone I have met during the matches is friendly, helpful, and go out of their way to make newbies such as my son and I feel comfortable in spite of our limited abilities.

The range is so large, even with several classes taking place and other shooters spread out, you can still be alone if that is your choosing. My advice though, get the minimum equipment together and start shooting the club matches. It will absolutely change what you do and the skills you will practice when you are at the range alone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom