Question for you insurance types

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just not trusting this 3rd party adjuster, I'd rather the insurance company send on of their actual adjusters out.

The company may not even employ any adjusters here to send out. They may rely entirely on 3rd party IAs. Some of them are good, some are crap (same thing goes for staff adjusters across companies as well).

Aside from the gutters and paint, and the total vs repair, do the roofers and insurer agree on the number of squares (the size) and the pitch of the roof? Sounds basic but often it can be that brutally simple.

Once you get there, start with amount of roof to be repaired, then start talking costs of repair. Ask the insurer who they know (as a roofer) that would complete the job for their estimate. They can't steer you, meaning they cannot require to use a roofer they recommend, but it's a good way to call them out and review their own estimate.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no reason you could not get the gutter for $4.00 a foot. I wish I could get those kind of prices. Is the roofing company giving you the estimates? If so, remember that they are "playing general contractor" in order to recieve the 20% on your claim for contracting fees. You can always have them only estimate the roof and sub out the rest of the work yourself.

The insurance company will always lowball the amount owed and or the cost of materials. As for the painting, the $50 is in no way going to pay for a professional to come. If you need any references I can give you a couple that I know to be honest. I work with about 20 of them. As lightning said it is possible the rooofer is playing BS, however the age of your roof also comes into play with the shingles used. Do they still offer your exact color and style? If not it will look like patchwork.

Guttering is a separate company. I don't know if shingles are still available in same color/style.

The company may not even employ any adjusters here to send out. They may rely entirely on 3rd party IAs. Some of them are good, some are crap (same thing goes for staff adjusters across companies as well).

Aside from the gutters and paint, and the total vs repair, do the roofers and insurer agree on the number of squares (the size) and the pitch of the roof? Sounds basic but often it can be that brutally simple.

Once you get there, start with amount of roof to be repaired, then start talking costs of repair. Ask the insurer who they know (as a roofer) that would complete the job for their estimate. They can't steer you, meaning they cannot require to use a roofer they recommend, but it's a good way to call them out and review their own estimate.

They do employ adjusters, I've dealt with them in the recent past and spoken to them on the phone. I'd have to look at the paperwork from the insurance company and the roofer to see if their numbers match.

Latest posts

Top Bottom