Question for you world travelers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rick Steves, the travel guy on PBS, talks about that in various videos over the years.

Here is his WEBSITE LINK And click on "Travel Tips" and read the tab about money.

Spend some time poking around on his website, lots of good info there.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found that in Germany the best exchange rates and lowest fees were on US military bases. If you’re a veteran you can get on base with exchange privileges now, so def worth looking in to.

I’ve found that in Germany I didn’t worry about how much cash I had on me, anywhere I went felt as safe as walking to my mailbox back home. Anywhere else in the world I’ve always kept a minimal amount of cash on my person when out and about, used a front pocket wallet, and if someone puts something (hat/necklace/etc) on me, I keep walking. The shopkeeper will take it off before you get too far away. I’ve seen people taking off a necklace that a shopkeeper put on them, only to have some kid in the crowd come up and pickpocket the money out of their “concealed money belt”.

Latest posts

Top Bottom