Quite possibly the most racist article you will ever read

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What SMS said. And the term racism covers more than just "supremacy" tendencies.

From dictionary.reference.com:

racism Translate Button
[rey-siz-uh m]
noun
a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to dominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.

Big_McLargehuge

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
From dictionary.reference.com:

noun
a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to dominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.
a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Underlined is basically the premise of the linked article. Boldened is a qualifier, but does not indicate the definition is limited to such.

Let's be real here: if you hold a negative view of a race, then you're a racist and no amount of wordplay changes that.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
noun
a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Underlined is basically the premise of the linked article. Boldened is a qualifier, but does not indicate the definition is limited to such.

Let's be real here: if you hold a negative view of a race, then you're a racist and no amount of wordplay changes that.
Once again, the author doesn't say that all blacks are criminal/inferior, etc. Just that there are racial correlations to crime. Nowhere does the article say that race is the cause of any crime.

It seems to me that you're reading too much of what you want to see into this article.

Big_McLargehuge

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Once again, the author doesn't say that all blacks are criminal/inferior, etc. Just that there are racial correlations to crime. Nowhere does the article say that race is the cause of any crime.

It seems to me that you're reading too much of what you want to see into this article.

Right, because the opening paragraphs aren't straight-up racist?

Lines like:

"As a young lawyer, I believed the official story that blacks are law abiding, intelligent, family-oriented people, but are so poor they must turn to crime to survive. Actual black behavior was a shock to me."

Nothing wrong with that, right? I must be reading too much what I want to see.

Latest posts

Top Bottom