Rabbits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I have gotten into rabbits after reading about rabbits being able to produce more meat over their lifetime than a cow. We also show rabbits in ARBA shows for the little one, who also helps in butchering. Rabbit is an amazing food source and fur provider. I have started with the Silver Fox rabbit as they produce both meat and fur at top quality.
i1029.photobucket.com_albums_y358_cnkforever1_Mobile_20Uploads_image_zps5a37a86c.jpg

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ohhhhh ... that's a pretty bunny ... I have NZs ... nothing show quality but nice big girls ... If all goes well, we are gonna have a couple of litters this weekend. Sure am glad the weather is looking fairly temperate on the 7 day ...

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an ARBA cook book but was wondering if anyone has some good rabbit recipes. So far we have had BBQ on the grill, enchiladas, and in some chicken helper (rabbit helper)

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So it looks like you get'm drunk before you murder them for their meat and fur?

LOL ... I wouldn't be above it if I thought it would help tenderize the old hags! :wink2: Babies don't need it ... they are petted and loved on so much they have no clue what is coming ... Just another day in paradise ... :naughty: That's what happened with our Cornish Rocks ... Not a tense, flighty bird among them. They all thought they were coming out to get a treat ... I'm a tricky-dicky that way ... :wink2:

We are fixing to go run errands. I'll look at my recipes and see if I can find one I like as good as fried rabbit and mashed potatoes when I get back ... but like oneof79 there, I'm thinking fried is the best way to go ...

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had rabbits when i was a teen and those do make more bunnies quickly.
I should think about it again , i love fried rabbit.
I have 3 wild cotton tails in my back yard every morning. caught some young ones a few times.
Caught an adult and it was flat CRAZZZYYYY, I had to get it out of the live trap quick before it killed it'self trying to get out.

I have no idea what kind i had years ago but they got huge..2x the size of a tom cat, and they would whoop a cat quick like.

Latest posts

Top Bottom