Race/speed shop employees? Silverado/Sierra RST owners?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my story..

I have a 2004 Silverado RST. It's a package once offered by the late Regency conversion company. It comes delivered with complete Baer AlumaSport brake kits front and back, these include 14" rotors, caliper relocaters, calipers, and pads.

I need rotors only, and would like to keep the same size rotors, except slotted and not drilled. I've looked at Jegs, Summit, etc for replacement rotors, and all they sell are the kits: http://www.jegs.com/p/Baer-Brake/Baer-AlumaSport-Brake-Systems/759929/10002/-1 which are just stupid expensive. So I call Baer directly and they tell me for my application, I can only get rotors through them at $222.50/each and they give an estimated lifespan of 8,000-20,000 miles. At that rate, for me, would be dropping $890 + tax + s/h every 1 1/2 - 3 years. Knowing that, my pads will outlast these rotors, which goes against all experience I've ever had dealing with brakes, though this is my first time dealing with aftermarket brakes. So is this typical?

Since these trucks are limited (300 made), there is a very small community for me to obtain information from. Since Regency has gone out of business, I'm unable to get any help through them for obvious reasons. It seems that people have had great success with SSBC brand brakes, BUT, very horrible success in obtaining the parts, mainly because SSBC doesn't sell to the public, nor are they very helpful at all when calling.

I was able to get part numbers for all 4 rotors, 23167AA3L & 23168AA3R for the front, and 23165AA3L & 23166AA3R for the rear. I wasn't able to find the front rotors available at Jegs or Summit, but Googling the part numbers gives me http://www.autopartsdealer.com/stainless_steel_brakes_disc_brakes_23167aa3l-p164772-p.html, as well as a result for the right. Which is great, $112.23 vs $222.50 per rotor? Sign me up! Until I get to the rear. I searched Summit, Jegs, and even Google, and was returned 0 search results for the rear part numbers. I call back to SSBC, get the same guy, and verify the part numbers. I told him I've searched and found nothing with those part numbers, including their own site. He says the part numbers I have are correct, and I can purchase through Jegs or Summit, but basically has an attitude of "meh, not my problem broseph!". Which story after story, no matter who at SSBC picks up the phone, tells tales of the same sort of treatment. But, despite the part number frustration, I do know that SSBC currently makes 14" rotors for the rear of my truck.

So, do any of you work where you deal with SSBC products? Are you able to verify those rear rotor P/Ns? Are you able to do a search of SSBC rotors by size? The measurements for my current 14" Baers are:

Baer front hat thickness: 0.375"
floor to inside of hat: 1-15/16"

baer rear hat thickness: 0.240"
floor to inside of hat: 3-1/2"

If you offer them through your shop, can you quote me a price for all 4? I need to buy a set of rotors very soon. I also plan to get them cryo treated before installing, does anybody in the metro do this?

Is there any more info I can provide to help you help me help myself? I've tried plugging in 2004 Tahoe, Suburban, and Escilade and still come up with nothing.

Any Silverado/Sierra RST owners able to chime in with some advice? 2004 was the only year they put 14" rotors in the back, I believe later years were 14" up front only and rear drums.

Latest posts

Top Bottom