Radiation detector Anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why are they trying to call this another Chernobyl instead of another 3 Mile Island? Oh right, no one died from the 3 Mile Island partial meltdown so that doesn't really help with the fearmongering. Only about ~30 people died directly from the Chernobyl disaster. The other ~4000 died from various cancers in the area that was irradiated. While it is possible that some or even all of the cases could be attributed to the irradiation, it is still only speculation.

eellis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have the rad detectors in our fire trucks that stay on 24/7. No need to worry unless you see the firetrucks hallin a$$ with lights and sirens on . JK!

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remember the map showing where all of the ashes from Mt. St. Helens landed... We live in the middle of swirlyville tornado alley where the wind comes sweepin down the plain...

[Broken External Image]

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Linked from the other thread: http://wormme.com/2011/03/12/incalcuable-danger/

Long story short, it's all fear-mongering. 1000X the normal radiation amount actually causes biological damage slower than your body can heal. Hah.

Also, that website is kind of cool, but it reports in CPM, which isn't all that useful for determining biological effects from the radiation.

fire65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would not worry to much about any fallout making this far. Godzilla coming across the ocean is what you should be worried about, I know there will be all kinds of mutant stuff now. Putting on foil hat and headed to my bunker to wait it out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom