Rage???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't like a 2 blade or Rages for that matter
Like me a good 3 blade front deploy like Grimm Greapers, ShockWaves, SpitFires...
As far a as 2 blade rear deploy, the Gator XP (basspro) is the only one id use. It use to be the Rocky Mt Gator XP til BP took it over.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
IMO any broadhead that goes through ribs will work,its the shoots that are not perfect we need to be concern about,shoulder or spines shots are are better with a good fixed blade,i use mangus stingers 2 blade with bleeder blades,when rage came out and I watched all the tv shows with such great results I thought I will try some some went bought a pack took them out and they never even got put on an arrow,the way the made is kool but they are some of the dullest broadheads I ever seen gave them to a buddie he was happy to get them and he has killed deer with them,they are not for me,i don't fill right hunting with a dull weak broadhead

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not my preference at all, but Rage makes several different varieties and I have only had experience with the 3 blades. I didn't like how they constantly opened partially when carried. Performance a dead deer is a dead deer, but constantly having to make sure it is ready to go is a nuisance not worth messing with. So far shortest death of a deer was with a 100 grain slick trick 4 blade at 22 yards. I literally could blood trail her from the stand. Of course she flopped within 25 yards. G5 Montec seem to be the most durable I have tried, shot a deer and pass thru stuck into a tree. I had to use pliers to pull broadhead and I sharpened it up and it became a practice head. My firm principle is a desr is worth a new broadhead to me. If it can be sharpened and still work, it becomes turkey, hog, varmint or practice tip.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like them and the elk guide we were using loved them. He said they had many elk killed with them and thought they were the greatest he had ever seen. The new Hypodermic has a better blade locking system so they don't fall out all the time.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rage, IMO..........ugghh! Heard/seen too many failures with these to even try them. I use spitfires. Love them,never had an issue with them so far.

This^^^
My personal experiences with them. Seen two have both blades fall out, once at a target. Pulled arrow out and both blade gone. Next was on a doe, she seemed hit good. But found the arrow and both blades gone. Never could find the doe. Add to that, the horrible problem blades opening randomly, why use something so prone to failing?
The deal is, with Rage when they work they do great. But they have issues working sometimes. To big of a risk for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom