Rage???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nhagar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok here goes.... i'll take the abuse from the high dollar broadhead fanboy association members...LOL

First i personally use fixed blades. I love the biggo cut that those mechanicals make, but i've just had too many people have problems with them and thus i don't trust them. This is on stuff i've seen with my own eyes, not a friend of a friend of my uncle's brothers sister. I'm sure there's a gazillion people that love them and have had no problems, and hey, i'm all for ya huntin with what you personally like...they just ain't for me. i KNOW where the blades are and i KNOW they are deployed on my fixed blade models.

Second...I don't listen to what i hear on the hunting shows. They Talk up whatever they are PAID to talk up. Whoever is paying them has the baddest, most deadly, "it's like a bazooka coming from your bow" broadheads known to man. Till next season when they change sponsors. So i let all that go and don't even let it come into the decision. To hear some of them tell it, if you just POINT one at a deer, it'll fall over in it's tracks. LOLOL : ) Besides...these guys are PAID to go all over the country and shoot AT deer. They ain't filling the freezer : ) (Ok maybe a few are)

Third and finally....... this year on my crossbow, i'll be using the fixed blade, cheapo ALLEN brand broadheads from walmart. Yup....fire away, i can take it...LOL. 7-8 bucks a pack.........i take'm home, inspect'm, sharpen'm to where i want them to be and then they are ready. They fly just like my field points do so i'm happy. I'm not spending 40 bucks a pack for three broadheads anymore. Now, if there was a visible, or performance difference that was tangeble i'd spend the 40 in a second. I just don't see it though, so i'll be the first to get on here and say i'm using the cheap ones. I've shot'm in the past and they cut just the same as expensive ones do. I'll spend the extra money on something that WILL make a difference.

Anyways...there's my blathering phoilosophy on the matter...HAHAHAHA

PEACE GUYS...HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE.

hey I am not one that is gonna get on ya and hammer ya about allen broad heads. I buy my broadheads off of ebay. The bunch I just bought this year was 4 packs of steel force steel venom 4 blade 3 pack paid 35 shipped for all. I have used steel force for a few years and decided to get some more.

I was at the horrible store of walmart the other day and saw some of those allen broadheads and thought about buying a pack or two just to have and see how they shot. Trust me spending 35-50 a pack for broad heads is ridiculous. But I have always had good luck buying some off ebay. I try and buy in the spring when stores are closing out since season is over.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I refuse to buy those chinese made broadheads you can get at wal-mart. I don't trust them not to fail, even the fixed ones.

Mine costs more but they are made in the US and if I re-sharpen the blades I can get several deer out of one head anyway.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol I went back to ShockWaves this year
$20 a pack! Used then for years and never had an issues with them, now I'm going back to them.
As far as the cheepo BH like the Allen... I've personally sen those break and have also with seen all the blades break or fall off on a deer. So for the "a fixed blade always works" crowd... No they don't lol

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Steel Force. I've never had one break or fail at all. Just clean pass throughs into the dirt, even if I hit the deer in the shoulder blade. The penetration is unmatched.

Latest posts

Top Bottom