Railroad ties

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't believe the railroad would allow that. That has to cost those trains time, and time is money in the freight business. There has to be something keeping them from replacing those ties.
I've seen a RR after a forest fire , and it looked like that with the rails all distorted by the heat. But looking at the video, the brush along the tracks had been there for awhile, so it was totally neglected. I'm wondering if its privately owned and not subject to fed regs?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen a RR after a forest fire , and it looked like that with the rails all distorted by the heat. But looking at the video, the brush along the tracks had been there for awhile, so it was totally neglected. I'm wondering if its privately owned and not subject to fed regs?
It is, apparently, privately owned by the Pioneer Railcorp, which began a renovation of the railway in 2013. It reportedly had not been maintained since the 1970s.:ooh2:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon,_Defiance_&_Western_Railroad

Latest posts

Top Bottom