Rancher in Nevada being harassed by the FEDS and confiscating his cattle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somebody posted the land use report from the 80's.
The absract is correct. WE would like to re negotiate the Terms. The State of Illinois got 90% of there land back in court over 100 years ago.... as did several midwestern states.

Nevada asks the same.... however BLM runs the show now. See, BLM was created and given a laundry list of tasks.... and those tasks were never defined by specific legislation. For all practical purposes the regulations BLM writes are not subject to any check or balance. EPA , Energy, Education all have the same issue.

When you ask for a hearing... they ARE the law. The way Congress set these agencies up over the years was shortsighted. In fact, HEW and the other social agencies use this kind of power to bring us the obamaphone.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This Bundy guy sounds like a real S.H.. He thinks because he's gotten away with grazing on federal land illegally for so long that when they do finally address the situation he doesn't have to obey the law. What he should have done is thank his lucky stars that his family got away with it for as long as they did and voluntarily move his cattle back onto the land he owns. However, instead he throws a hissy fit, despite not having even a shred of legitimate argument and creates an incident where the government has to come in, on the tax payers dime, to remove the cattle themselves.

So now he has created a situation, albeit one caused by his illegal activity, where we get to see how the government responds and, so far, it's not been very impressive. Here's my issue...I don't support this Cliven Bundy guy at all. He screwed himself and has been cheating the government out of the grazing fee's that every other rancher pays. I have no patriotic love for people like him who think they don't have to play by the same rules as everyone else. That said, the government response is understandable in respect to the removing Bundy's cattle from the federal land but arresting the son for filming what was going on because he didn't respond to what was likely an illegal order to begin with fast enough is a huge misuse of power and assigning "first amendment zones" is so incredibly absurd it's hard to even imagine that is actually happening.

It's hard to differentiate in this case what is a justifiable response by federal LE and what is a misuse of authority. Folks that are rallying around this guy need to be real careful about how they respond because at the base of this issue you have a guy that violated a federal court demand to remove his cattle and is creating an incident to support his side of the incident. That's all well and good if you are being wrongfully dealt with but, in this case, he is clearly wrong and refuses to accept it. So I support protesting what appears to be the illegal arrest of his son and the so-called "free speech zones" where people are "allowed" to say what they think about what's going on but I don't support this guys obviously illegal refusal to move his cattle onto his own land and off the federal property.

That's my POV from what I've read so far from the different sources, it's subject to change if need be.
http://freedomoutpost.com/2014/04/i...nder-strategic-de-escalation-hoodwink-people/
Looks like its working

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somebody posted the land use report from the 80's.
The absract is correct. WE would like to re negotiate the Terms. The State of Illinois got 90% of there land back in court over 100 years ago.... as did several midwestern states.

Nevada asks the same.... however BLM runs the show now. See, BLM was created and given a laundry list of tasks.... and those tasks were never defined by specific legislation. For all practical purposes the regulations BLM writes are not subject to any check or balance. EPA , Energy, Education all have the same issue.

When you ask for a hearing... they ARE the law. The way Congress set these agencies up over the years was shortsighted. In fact, HEW and the other social agencies use this kind of power to bring us the obamaphone.

I hope you continue to post your perspective on this issue. I think it is hard for a lot of people to understand what it is like living in a state where 85% plus of the land is administered by the government and the problems associated with it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It seems painfully obvious that this has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with a tortoise. It has to do with removing ranching from the area, and someone with power at some point will benefit from that action. There's no way in hell the feds would wait 20 years to do something to protect an endangered species from an imminent threat. :(

They already busted the other ranchers out of the area. This is the last obstacle to their goal of running everybody off. Its not over.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They already busted the other ranchers out of the area. This is the last obstacle to their goal of running everybody off. Its not over.

THEY'LLLL BEEEE BAAAACK!
Don't you know that lib dems do everything in the dead of night when nobody will be up to see what they are doing. It happens all the time in Washington, DC when they are trying to ram their agenda legislation down our throats. :rollingla:rollingla

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Seems to me that right now would be the perfect time for Bundy to strike a deal with the BLM that cements his right to graze that land in perpetuity. It also seems to me that if the other ranchers have all been bought out, there should be plenty enough land to spread that 900 head out over the areas that are no longer being grazed? I'm sure some right leaning Congressmen could make that deal happen.

Of course that would put the BLM in a predicament. Seeing as how they're supposed to be clearing that land of all cattle and ranchers for Reid & Son the protection of the desert tortoise! :rolleyes2

Latest posts

Top Bottom