Random stuff you have made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgssamn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used PTEG which is fairly tough. If it wears out i can just print new. But at this point a few removals there is no sign of wear. I also could use ASA but not sure yet it is necessary.

Last edited:

mgssamn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another entry in the random stuff, again 3D printer. Custom knife sheath for 2 knifes without sheaths at my house.
For me they are very comfortable, they fit snug on knife so knife doesn't need a strap. I could do it with a strap if the knife were more expensive or sentimental, but they will never fall out anyway.
obviously don't need more than 1 knife on me at one time, just a pic of what they look like on a belt.
IMG_2032.jpgIMG_2030.jpg

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very cool. I like simple furniture and building it. I don't do that enough anymore. Birch plywood? Birch faceframe? Or alder?
I think your friend will like it.
Birch plywood, the face frame is a paint grade cherry. A cabinet shop I used to work at uses it for paint grade. It’s been cheaper than poplar lately.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Birch plywood, the face frame is a paint grade cherry.
Ah, ok. I saw some spalt in it and couldn't get a good close up... so it was looking a little like alder.
Paint grade cherry is still nice looking even if you wanted to stain or shellac it...especially if you can get it the sun for a few days before you seal it. It's a good-looking piece of furniture. Post some dun pics

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ah, ok. I saw some spalt in it and couldn't get a good close up... so it was looking a little like alder.
Paint grade cherry is still nice looking even if you wanted to stain or shellac it...especially if you can get it the sun for a few days before you seal it. It's a good-looking piece of furniture. Post some dun pics
Will do, this one will get painted. Hopefully I can get it finished up and ready for paint in the next several days

Latest posts

Top Bottom