Random stuff you have made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Made this one night .. Slap a bungee cord on it and rode. Got alot of questions at gas stations.

EDIT.. The more I think about this the closer to swamprat I feel... Maybe kin somewhere way down the line.. LOL

Attachments

• 20150911_104730.jpg
    20150911_104730.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20150911_104807.jpg
    20150911_104807.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
about 40 years ago I was a machinist. been an office type non manufacturing ever since. That said, if you can create 2d drawings, and can learn the software,(computer literate) -I personal feel that 3d are not that much harder with a little study. But isn't something you will learn in an hour for sure.
Depends on the complexity of the part, but math and geometry understanding is good also. good luck :-)
I think part of my difficulty with learning the software is that I'm VERY good with AutoCAD, so my brain thinks that I should automatically be just as good in 3d. 😆 😆 Unfortunately I'm not and I get irritated because I'm not learning it as fast as I feel like I should be. I know it's not a rational thought process, but I've never claimed to be rational. 😆

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Made a guillotine type door for my hog trap today. The challenge was to come up with a trigger that would be easy to trip yet support the fairly heavy door. Trigger only takes about 1# of pressure to trip via a step board and/or trip wires within the cattle panel trap

trap_trigger.jpg

Last edited:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had this 1910s electric motor sitting around collecting dust, so I decided to use it in a more active display. I used some scrap walnut, maple, oak, and alder lumber, and brass and steel rod, and skateboard bearings, to create a very basic representation of an air compressor. The maple and walnut piston was turned on a metalworking lathe, and the cylinder block bored out on the same, and my gf produced the layers used in the connecting rod, cutting them out with her diode laser. It’s missing a lot of the components used in an air compressor, of course, but it was a fun project and I’ll be polishing it up in the near future.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had this 1910s electric motor sitting around collecting dust, so I decided to use it in a more active display. I used some scrap walnut, maple, oak, and alder lumber, and brass and steel rod, and skateboard bearings, to create a very basic representation of an air compressor. The maple and walnut piston was turned on a metalworking lathe, and the cylinder block bored out on the same, and my gf produced the layers used in the connecting rod, cutting them out with her diode laser. It’s missing a lot of the components used in an air compressor, of course, but it was a fun project and I’ll be polishing it up in the near future.

View attachment 428121
That's way cool. Like the hum that motor makes.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm lucky enough to be able to keep the brass cleaned up off our local police range. I have a little wagon that I pull around with a generator and shop vac on to save me from wearing out my back. The OD of the shop vac hose tube is large enough to make my wrist hurt after a few hours of cleaning. So, I took a scrap piece of aluminum and made an adapter to fit an extra drill handle to the tube.
0.jpg
vac handle.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom