Randy Brogdon Challenging Mary Fallin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did anybody here Neal Boortz filling in for Hannity today? He made some good points about social issues. We will lose the election if we run on social issues..the dems like to try to use it against us but we have to stay focused on the fiscal/liberty issues if we want to win in 2014.

But Republicans aren't for less spending and more liberty...

Again you need to stop listening to the liberal talking heads and reading huffpuff. The Tea Party is not about social issues at all. That is just more left wing spin because they do not want the size of government cut at all, let along lower taxes.

Good to know that Limbaugh, Hannity, Boortz, Beck, Doyle, Savage, Cain, Sullivan, Gibson, and Kilmeade are liberal talking heads.

You might want to let the Tea Party know that they aren't about social issues and are about reducing the size of government, because every Tea Party person I've met is exactly the opposite. The Tea Party is all about social control via government.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guys, the ONE thing that is "different" for me is abortion...and there are many "Libertarian Republicans" that can't overlook it. It is hard to ask someone who believes innocent children are being savaged to just overlook it. But having said that, the polls show now that the majority are against it. If I were running, and I was asked about it, I'd be honest but not bombastic with my answer...I think the over-passionate fundamentalists hurt our cause. Even though many of us here widely agree with their convictions, PRESENTATION does matter.

The Tea Party is about fiscal responsibility and taxes but many social conservatives also hold conservative convictions about the fiscal issues so it should be no surprise they are joined up with the Tea Party. Ted Cruz's main points are fiscal but I bet if you asked him he is very socially conservative; he just is not arrogant about it and forceful. Same with Rand Paul. To me, the Bible trumps all political ideologies and for that maybe I'm a "fundie". But I have a high enough IQ to know that torpedoing elections with judgmental speech ultimately hurts our cause. Let's hope the Republicans listen to Neal Boortz.

One other observation...Santorum was considered the most right-wing fundie in the 2012 campaigns. I'm not necessarily a supporter of his, but here are some observations:

- Media portrays him as scary fundamentalist, yet he has given some very pragmatic answers that go unnoticed. One thing that comes to mind is that he said although he is against contraception personally, he would never want the federal government to make laws to ban it. The media of course reported it like he wanted to ban it.

- He is portayed as a rich man's candidate but he is actually very much in tune with the blue collar vote in his home state

- He is portrayed as a religious nutcase but he used the words "it's bullsh*t" during the campaign when he called out the media, and he enjoys a good beer like most men. It think he is more "down to earth" than he is portrayed when it comes to his fundamentalism.

- Almost all counties in Oklahoma picked him in the primaries in 2012 (probably because he was seen as the most fundamentalist). I find that ironic because much of rural Oklahoma is Protestant and Santorum is Catholic...I'm surprised they went for him because of that. But of course, to show the liberalization of Oklahoma, Tulsa and OKC went for Romney....gie it 10 more yrs of this "beg league city" garbage and rural counties will be for gay marriage, etc. The libs followed the Thunder here and now they are changing us.

- I think he gets a lot of the same scrutiny as Palin...I am not a huge fan of Palin or Santorum, but I think they both get a bad wrap in the media as compared to how the actually are. Though I would not want Palin as president of course.

- I bet Santorum and Brogdon are similar in their convictions and I bet Brogdon wanted Santorum to be president

Statistically insignificant sample group, no control group and one factor changes significantly for a short period. Not scientific evidence that e-cigs are bad at all.

Yes it is very hard to prove CAUSALITY. Not unless you have full-control of the environment, diet, etc (like lab rats). In humans, there are so many factors that can skew a study unless the study is on prisoners or something when you have more control over what they have access to during the study period.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But Republicans aren't for less spending and more liberty...

Good to know that Limbaugh, Hannity, Boortz, Beck, Doyle, Savage, Cain, Sullivan, Gibson, and Kilmeade are liberal talking heads.

You might want to let the Tea Party know that they aren't about social issues and are about reducing the size of government, because every Tea Party person I've met is exactly the opposite. The Tea Party is all about social control via government.

Well, mainstream repubs are not...but the best method we have to right our course is to take back the republican party...the platform is still good...it's just the turds that don't follow it that ruins things. They say one thing and do another.

And as for your comments about social issues...When did we become a country where I MUST accept YOUR agenda and lifestyle, even if it violated my conscience? The Phil Robertson deal is a perfect example...I don't agree entirely with they way he said things, but he has a right to his opinion. Is it any surprise to you that "Tea Partier", redneck, pseudo-biker, outdoorsman like Phil doesn't support gay marriage? I mean seriously dude...he could have not said a word and you and I both would know his stance on homosexuality regardless just by seeing the show. I have gay friends...I like them, we get along, I'm not homophobic of them. But they know that I am not going to accept their agenda just to get along; that is a weak thing to do...stand up for your principles. But I don't judge them, so maybe that differs from what Robertson said. And of course, I as a libertarian don't think it says anywhere in the Constitution that the feds have any right to regulate marriage. So if it were up to me, I'd give my opinion that marriage is a religious sacrament between a man and a woman and God, but the civil part of it should be left up to the states and not the federal gov't.

And if you are referring to legal drugs...I am not pro-drug nor have I ever used them...but the idea that some asswipe in a cubical somewhere can make a law to put you in jail for having a plant is insane...that is totalitarianism to the endth degree. Manufacturing drugs is different...meth and such have safety hazards and are man-made synthetics...but the pot thing I have to stand on principle and say that even though I don't agree with it, it isn't a religious issue to me so who am I to want people to be banned from access to a naturally growing plant?

And if you meant abortion...well go back and read my previous comments...stopping a helpless child's heart is barbaric and I'd like to spend about 10min in a room with someone who has done it. That is "different" than the other social issues because it affects another life. Anyone who loves the Constitution should know that baby has a right to LIFE, Liberty, and the Pursuit of happiness.

Driller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is not my argument but here's some of their reasoning Glad you added that

A fetus does not have a right to be in the womb of any woman, but is there by her permission. This permission may be revoked by the woman at any time, because her womb is part of her body... There is no such thing as the right to live inside the body of another, i.e. there is no right to enslave... a woman is not a breeding pig owned by the state (or church). Even if a fetus were developed to the point of surviving as an independent being outside the pregnant woman's womb, the fetus would still not have the right to be inside the woman's womb

Wow. So an unborn child is like an uninvited squatter that has taken up residence in the basement? Just left the door unlocked and it wandered in?

People certainly have different ways of looking at the world. These folks have any children that live?

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Wow. So an unborn child is like an uninvited squatter that has taken up residence in the basement? Just left the door unlocked and it wandered in?

People certainly have different ways of looking at the world. These folks have any children that live?

I think the point he is trying to make is that we should have the right to kill squatters if we want..

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I decided back in 2007 that I would do anything in my power to keep anyone who voted for the bailout from holding office ever again. That means you, Mary Fallin.

I've heard rumors that some attorneys are planning to actively promote (more vehemently and more organized than usual) other candidates because of her signing off on the worker's comp reform. Have you heard any of those rumblings?

Latest posts

Top Bottom