Ravin crossbow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I received a Cabelas archery catalog in the mail today. They have a Ravin for $3300, that is crazy.

Anyone buying one? Definitely out of my price range.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a R29 and it is ridiculous...ly fast. Not terribly heavy and it allows the kids to extend their season beyond gun season.

I've shot it out to 80 yards and it'll almost stack bolts using fixed broadheads at that range. I won't shoot at the same spot on a target, even with field points.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a R29 and it is ridiculous...ly fast. Not terribly heavy and it allows the kids to extend their season beyond gun season.

I've shot it out to 80 yards and it'll almost stack bolts using fixed broadheads at that range. I won't shoot at the same spot on a target, even with field points.
I watched a video on it out of curiosity, this one is over ten pounds. 500 fps

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They're pretty wild. It's a lot different than my compound and not ideal in all situations. I still use my compound quite a bit, depending on the stand / blind and surroundings.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I need to shoot at a deer past about 35-40 yards with a crossbow, there’s something seriously wrong with my blind set up. :anyone:
I agree 100%. I think the furtherst I have ever shot mine was 35 yards.

Yet, I have to admit it would be cool to have one of those, just because.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree 100%. I think the furtherst I have ever shot mine was 35 yards.

Yet, I have to admit it would be cool to have one of those, just because.
I’ve owned rifles and 1911’s in that price range, and they’ve all at least held their value if not appreciated. Archery equipment is like night vision and is pretty much obsolete by next year’s SHOT show.

Latest posts

Top Bottom