Ravin crossbow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bout this one, and its related to ravin and uses the same helicoil technology. They had them at nearly $1000 end of last year, and now you can pick one up for under $600. Not terrible for a super fast accurate bow. When i was pricing bows, this was the most technology for the price.. And like MIH said it gives my kids more season, and i like using it as well! that said i havent went hunting with it yet!

https://www.centerpointarchery.com/cp400-crossbow-with-silent-crank

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a R9 I bought on the secondary market. I LOVE it. It chrono graphed at 400 FPS and it's as accurate as a rifle out to 100 yards.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I prefer TenPoints at that price point. Family owned and from what I’ve seen better customer service.

Ravin was purchased by velocity several years ago which is a corporation that owns several companies/brands such as center point, Benjamin, and crosman

I believe Tenpoint has one shooting 550 if your all into speed. I’m not obsessed with speed but I do have a Tenpoint with the new Burris range finding cross bow scope on it which is super nice.

If you want an “affordable” bow the only choice IMO is the US made wicked ridge. It’s the only USA manufactured bow at its price point.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I prefer TenPoints at that price point. Family owned and from what I’ve seen better customer service.

Ravin was purchased by velocity several years ago which is a corporation that owns several companies/brands such as center point, Benjamin, and crosman

I believe Tenpoint has one shooting 550 if your all into speed. I’m not obsessed with speed but I do have a Tenpoint with the new Burris range finding cross bow scope on it which is super nice.

If you want an “affordable” bow the only choice IMO is the US made wicked ridge. It’s the only USA manufactured bow at its price point.
Good information

Jlingle

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Completely a waste of money (ahem ahem….. reaching for my $900 recurve bow) 🤣🤣

I’m kidding of course. Anyone can shoot whatever makes them happy. If you’ve got the money, then have at it!! I’ve wasted money on way crazier items. My kids’ show cattle immediately comes to mind. 😬

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i'm pretty much a novice when it comes to deer hunting. I killed a doe 2 years ago with my crossbow..... beginners luck I guess she dropped in her tracks. Didn't get an opportunity last year with the bow and ended up harvesting one with my 308. I limit my bow shots to no more than 35-40 yards. I was using a 150gr fixed broadhead. I was looking a purchasing a new broadhead and was looking at the expandable ones but I wonder about failure to open or prematurely opening if hitting some brush on the way. Looking seriously at the 100gr fixed broadhead with a little wider diameter cut. Does it really matter 100gr vs 150gr once sighted in? My recurve bow is supposed to deliver around 350 ft/sec

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i'm pretty much a novice when it comes to deer hunting. I killed a doe 2 years ago with my crossbow..... beginners luck I guess she dropped in her tracks. Didn't get an opportunity last year with the bow and ended up harvesting one with my 308. I limit my bow shots to no more than 35-40 yards. I was using a 150gr fixed broadhead. I was looking a purchasing a new broadhead and was looking at the expandable ones but I wonder about failure to open or prematurely opening if hitting some brush on the way. Looking seriously at the 100gr fixed broadhead with a little wider diameter cut. Does it really matter 100gr vs 150gr once sighted in? My recurve bow is supposed to deliver around 350 ft/sec
I had a Muzzy mechanical broad head fail to open two seasons ago and it cost me a deer. I found it two days later following buzzards so was able to get the rack but the birds and flies did their job on it. It scored a little below 150 so was a nice buck. Saying that, I still use them but switched to Rage.

As for grains, my only thought is the 100 grains would likely have less drop than a 150. However, I have no clue. I use 100 gains and they work.

Good luck.

Edit - I don’t want to post a nasty picture but if you want to see the entry spot, send me a PM and I will share it with you.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well crap. What are the odds. Picked up some 100gr field points to zero in at 40yds. This was at 20yrds. 2nd bolt hit the first bolt dead center after driving the first deeper into the target then dropping to the ground in front of the target
IMG_4381.jpeg

Last edited:

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
nuther xbow question. Mine is an old style recurve bow, Excalibur Equinox. Wondering about leaving stringed between seasons. I've seen pros and cons online.

Latest posts

Top Bottom