Ravin crossbow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
nuther xbow question. Mine is an old style recurve bow, Excalibur Equinox. Wondering about leaving stringed between seasons. I've seen pros and cons online.
I have two Excalibur crossbows and never removed the string. I was advised by the shop I bought it from that is not needed or recommended.

PS - they are great ones.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
nuther xbow question. Mine is an old style recurve bow, Excalibur Equinox. Wondering about leaving stringed between seasons. I've seen pros and cons online.
I’ve got three Excaliburs (Exomax which is the same as yours but without a thumbhole stock, a Micro 335, and my Dad’s old IBEX), and I always unstring mine whether right, wrong, or indifferent.

Your Equinox is a great bow, and the only thing the newer Excaliburs really offer is being narrower and a little faster which isn’t a big deal to me. Like you, I limit my shot distances to 35ish yards and set my stands up accordingly.

I used to shoot 150 gr Boltcutters but switched to 100 gr Carbon Express XT4 heads several years ago and love them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom