RCBS Uniflow and ????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What all do I need besides a scale, and stand do I need to use the uniflow part number 9010? I did a search, but came up empty. I'm guessing the stand (9092), powder trickler (9010), and the combo kit (9091)? Anything else?

I will be loading for my .284, .223/5.56, and maybe eventually some pistol loads.

Thanks for the info in advance.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would stick with just the powder measure and basic stand alone trickler. The trickler combo rig mounted to the bottom of the measure looks like trouble. Also a reloading book will help a lot for basic reloading. It should be a must read before any reloading.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will meter powder through a measure for pistols but not for rifles.
I want to weigh all my rifle charges on my 505 beam scale.

I use Lee scoops for trickling ..I had an rcbs trickler..Hated it..sometimes the slightest turn would drop 3 granuals. that is 1tenth..with some powders i use.
If 1 tenth or 2 tenths does not bother you .. i suppose an automatic powder tosser will work.
Well i will add ball powders meter much better than large stick powder.

Most all my rifle is stick powder.

dstorm

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with magna19. the trickler combo rig looks like trouble waiting to happen. On the scales, IMO i suggest a beam type scale and not electronic.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After you have reloaded a bit, you can always add the uniflow measure. I have two of them and have used them for years. I keep one with the smaller drum for pistol and the larger drum for rifle. No powder measure likes long grain powder, but if I'm not loading bench rest stuff, the measure works fine for all my rifle stuff. On the really long grain extruded powders, I use a Lyman DP1200 which dumps each load into the pan of the electronic scale, and has a built in trickler to get the load pretty darn exact. Most of the big bore stuff I load has so much case capacity that the small error caused by the long grain extruded powder having a few grains cut off by the drum is negligible. When you sit down to load a hundred or better, the Uniflow measure really shines. People tend to err on the side of caution, and that's good, but remember, You read it on the internet so it must be true...

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best powder trickler I have is a cut off .375 H&H Magnum piece of brass. I use an old pacific powder dispenser to get within a few tenths of the desired load, and trickle from the brass. Works well for me. I just acquired the RCBS metering scale, and most of my powder trickling is probably behind me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom