Real world gun confiscation scenario

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I suspect that over time her thinking process will change as she matures because of government education.

Exactly, Dennis! I keep telling my wife to not discourage her because she could change her mind a dozen times in the next 6 years and end up not joining anyway, but she will always remember that her mom didn't support her in something that she believed in.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let's say Obama appoints a liberal Supreme Court Justice and somehow they are confirmed. And then let's say they rule that the 2nd Amendment is not meant for private citizens. How would they enforce that? I'm not afraid to die or go to jail, but I have a wife and two small children. Call me a coward or whatever, but I'm not ready to leave them alone over a material possession. I'm not saying I'd give them all up, but I'm not willing to die for them either. What say you guys?

So, you would surrender your arms rather than secure the freedom of your children? If you leave it to your children to secure their own freedom, how do you think they would secure it without arms? My family is worth my life. My arms are all that stands between me and slavery/servitude. If I succumb to slavery/servitude, I condemn my progeny to the same fate. Ergo, I will die to keep my arms. All of them.

Woody

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Supreme Court has already ruled that the 2nd is an individual right. Any realignment of that would have to come from a new case being heard. I don't think there are any in the pipeline right now.

QFT. By the time the next big RKBA case comes down the pike, Kennedy and Ginsburg will be gone, along with maybe Breyer. That'll be a whole new ball game.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remember, the existence of the RKBA doesn't depend on the opinions of any robed geezers... it depends on us, and whether we are willing to fight hard enough for it.

We have let them get away with a lot more than they should have already. They should have never gotten away with enforcing the NFA, the GCA, or the AWB. We can't let them get the next one for free. The loss of our most important liberty stops here.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm curious as to the logistics of confiscation. How do the numbskulls who want it to happen think it's going to work? Much to the chagrin of these "Antis" I would hazard a guess that 99% aren't "registered" like some of them think. I don't think you could mobilize enough manpower, civilian or military, to search every private residence in the U.S. The only feasible thing would be to just make them illegal. Some people will turn them in. When you don't and get turned in by your anti-2A relative/friend/coworker, they'll get taken from you then and you'll do time. That seems like it could work for them. Chip away at them until only hardcore criminals have them.

Good thing I don't own any and am just here to learn about your radical OK gun culture.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I said earlier that I wasn't worried about it. I'm really not, but IF there ever was an effort put forth to try to confiscate my legally owned forearms, then you know the old saying: "Good luck, MF'ers". The Supreme Court has already ruled, in my lifetime, the RKBA. Plus I remember the oath I took to support and defend the constitution...against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Norinoo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remember, the existence of the RKBA doesn't depend on the opinions of any robed geezers... it depends on us, and whether we are willing to fight hard enough for it.

We have let them get away with a lot more than they should have already. They should have never gotten away with enforcing the NFA, the GCA, or the AWB. We can't let them get the next one for free. The loss of our most important liberty stops here.

"For the present I should like merely to understand how it happens that so many men, so many villages, so many cities, so many nations, sometimes suffer under a single tyrant who has no other power than the power they give him; who is able to harm them only to the extent to which they have the willingness to bear with him; who could do them absolutely no injury unless they preferred to put up with him rather than contradict him. Surely a striking situation! Yet it is so common that one must grieve the more and wonder the less at the spectacle of a million men serving in wretchedness, their necks under the yoke, not constrained by a greater multitude than they, but simply, it would seem, delighted and charmed by the name of one man alone whose power they need not fear, for he is evidently the one person whose qualities they cannot admire because of his inhumanity and brutality toward them. A weakness characteristic of humankind is that we often have to obey force; we have to make concessions; we ourselves cannot always be the stronger. Therefore, when a nation is constrained by the fortune of war to serve as a clique, as happened when the city of Athens served the thirty Tyrants, one should not be amazed that the nation obeys, but simply be grieved by the situation; or rather, instead of being amazed or saddened, consider patiently the evil and look forward hopefully toward a happier future." - Éttiene de la Boétie, Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any federal-level confiscation scheme would have to rely on local law enforcement to do it. I don't believe my Sheriff would participate in this. Outside of the big cities in this part of the country, I'm not sure that many would.

Latest posts

Top Bottom