Red dot/reflex scope help for a newb...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm entering the "optics" world for the first time (if you wanna call a reflex sight an optic) and I need some help. :scream:

For Valentine's Day, Mrs GED is buying me a Ruger 10/22 :rubhands:. I'd like to put a red dot/reflex sight on it (they are the same thing, right? :ugh2:) but I don't have a clue as to what kind to get. :scratch:

Now let me say, that I don't wanna spend a ton of moolah on one of these. Hell, I saw one on Amazon for about 35 bucks that looks like it would do just fine, but like I said - I dunno beans about these things.

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Arms-Gear-Tactical-Weaver-Picatinny/dp/B003NFI092/ref=pd_sbs_sg_1

What say you rimfire aficionados...what do YOU suggest?

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While NCStar is complete junk, I've always run them on my .22 fun guns. Amazon can usually yield them pretty cheap.
What you have picked out is more than likely just fine for rimfire:)

Dirty Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one you listed is the exact one on my folding stock 1022. it works great and was cheap. You just cant get as accurate with a dot as a scope. But quicker to get on target.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one by Primary Arms is supposed to be really good for the price. The Vortex Sparc is also great for .22s. I would look for one with good reviews and a good warranty.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put a Bushnell TRS-25 on my 10/22 takedown, and its a great combo. The dot is bright and crisp, and the optic itself is pretty rugged and very light. Highly recommended.

Latest posts

Top Bottom