Red Lobster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2 cups Bisquick baking mix
1/2 cup cold water
3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning

Directions:

Heat oven to 450.
Combine baking mix, water and grated cheese in a bowl.
Roll out on a lightly floured surface, until 1 inch thick.
Cut biscuits, and place on an ungreased pan.
Melt butter and spices together.
Brush the biscuits with the butter and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shrimp..Hmm. Being an Okie, I never really had a good baseline on how to judge seafood.
Living in Galveston/Houston area that changed big time.

Gaido's in Galveston...the Gaido family has run this restaurant for years..and its Great!

http://gaidosofgalveston.com

Cohiba

I always thought the stuff they sold local was okay.
Then I had fresh along the coast. World of difference.
I've ate it on all three coast and one things for sure.
This stuff they sell here isn't fresh.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
$20 for steak and lobster? What can you possibly expect? Any decent place that's going to cost at least $75 just for that entree alone.

Red Lobster is horrible. I'd 10 to 1 rather eat at McDonalds.

Give us a break!!! It's Red Lobster, not Red Snobster!!! For $75 I could feed a family of 5 in Nigeria for a year.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The more I eat out, the more I love to cook. Anymore if I go out to eat it is usually for Chinese food. Still can't make sesame chicken like they do at the buffets. Other than Chinese, meh, too easy and sooo much cheaper to make it at home.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shrimp..Hmm. Being an Okie, I never really had a good baseline on how to judge seafood.
Living in Galveston/Houston area that changed big time.

Gaido's in Galveston...the Gaido family has run this restaurant for years..and its Great!

http://gaidosofgalveston.com

Cohiba

I have eaten at both places decades ago but I can not remember if one of them had a hunting trophy room or if that was a place called Vic's. I do remember that the restaurant with the hunting trophy room was run by an old prohibition era smuggler. Food was great.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know the thread was about fried shrimp, but here is a Seafood Gumbo recipe from buddy in Houston. He makes a pot of this, crawfish bisque or etouffe, or turtle soup during tailgate time at the Houston Texans games!!

SEAFOOD GUMBO

INGREDIENTS
1/2 lb. or more filet of catfish, trout or redfish
2 lbs. shrimp, peeled and deveined 1/2 pint of shelled oysters
2 cups chopped onion 1 cup chopped celery
Gumbo File 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped parsley
1 gallon water 4 cloves minced garlic
salt, black and red pepper to taste
INSTRUCTIONS
for Roux
1 - 1/2 cups cooking oil 1 - 1/2 cups flour
Place cooking oil in heavy iron pot over medium heat. When oil is hot, stir flour in a little at a time, blending thoroughly with each addition. Lower heat. It is very important that you keep stirring constantly. After all of the flour has been combined with the oil, turn fire down very low and cook until golden brown, stirring constantly. Pour the mixture into another container and continue as follows:

INSTRUCTIONS
for Gumbo
Add onions and celery to roux. Cook until onions are wilted and then add water and garlic. Cook in heavy uncovered pot over medium heat for one hour and season to taste with salt, black and red pepper. Add shrimp, parsley and fish to mixture; cook another 10 - 15 minutes then add oysters to the mix and let come to a boil. Serve in soup plates with cooked rice. Sprinkle a dash of Gumbo File on each dish, if desired. Serves 6.

Mmmmmm,mmmmm, I may have to make some this weekend!

Cohiba

.45Fats

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We use this one:
Ingredients:

2 ½ cups Bisquick baking mix

¾ cup cold whole milk

4 tablespoons cold butter (1/2 stick)

¼ teaspoon garlic powder

1 heaping cup grated cheddar cheese

Bush on Top:

2 tablespoons butter, melted

¼ teaspoon dried parsley flakes

½ teaspoon garlic powder

pinch salt

Directions:

1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.

2. Combine Bisquick with cold butter in a medium bowl using a pastry cutter or a large fork. You don't want to mix too thoroughly. There should be small chunks of butter in there that are about the size of peas. Add cheddar cheese, milk, and ¼ teaspoon garlic. Mix by hand until combined, but don't over mix.

3. Drop approximately ¼-cup portions of the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet using an ice cream scoop.

4. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn light brown.

5. When you take the biscuits out of the oven, melt 2 tablespoons butter is a small bowl in your microwave. Stir in ½ teaspoon garlic powder and the dried parsley flakes. Use a brush to spread this garlic butter over the tops of all the biscuits. Use up all of the butter. Makes one dozen biscuits

stolen unashamedly from

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Recipes/t...ed-lobsters-cheddar-biscuits/story?id=2788706

Latest posts

Top Bottom