Refinishing Firearms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what do you mean by refinishing?

like rattle can it, cerokete? etc?

I dont pay much attention to resale, if its a quality gun it should do fine, it may not appeal to as many people, but a gun is still a gun. I paint my guns for me and what I need to do with them.

They were re-blued and stocks refinished, no camo or any thing like that. I've only had a quick look at them, but the job looks decent. One of the is a little Remington semi-auto .22 that dumps the hulls out the bottom, the other is an M1 Carbine that I'm pretty sure is military surplus, circa what I have no idea.

I believe the Remington is a model 24.

Last edited:

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 1903 shotgun that my mother decided to "restore". She went to a man from her church to work on the gun. Beginning value was abot $2500. A rare shotgun. he took it "apart" to clean it and "forgot' or broke many of the parts. The he put it back together using wood screws and painted the barrell with black paint. The gun went from working to a wall hanger toy. She kept it for 40 years and then gives it to me. Very proud of what he did. It looked good to her. It has been reappraised at $150.00 for an ornament. Be very careful what you restore. It can turn out to be a disaster!

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit when I read that.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They were re-blued and stocks refinished, no camo or any thing like that. I've only had a quick look at them, but the job looks decent. One of the is a little Remington semi-auto .22 that dumps the hulls out the bottom, the other is an M1 Carbine that I'm pretty sure is military surplus, circa what I have no idea.

I believe the Remington is a model 24.

If you want to know the year and quarter during which that M1 Carbine was made, PM me the manufacturer and the first four digits of the serial number, assuming it's a seven-digit number. The first three digits will work if it's a six-digit number. I can look up the S/N and let you know about when it was made.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want to know the year and quarter during which that M1 Carbine was made, PM me the manufacturer and the first four digits of the serial number, assuming it's a seven-digit number. The first three digits will work if it's a six-digit number. I can look up the S/N and let you know about when it was made.

Thanks. If they become mine, I will take advantage of your kind offer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom