Reliability and build help for 9mm AR15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I did a few searches and found some information but now everything I was looking for regarding a desired build.

I want to build up a 9mm AR on an extra lower I have. I see there are a number of Mag blocks that one can find, Spikes has a new version of their modes on sale right now...

http://www.spikestactical.com/z/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68_71&products_id=188

With the number of mags it will work with and the fact you can adjust it for proper alignment, I think it looks good but wanted to see if there was any feedback on this item.

I understand the DMPS AR-15 LPK and it's included hammer will perform well with a 9mm upper and bolt. Is this correct or I still need to switch out the hammer to a 9mm hammer?

It appears that a 9mm buffer and spring are required for reliability, any other comments here?

The upper, any comments on RRA vs. Model 1 vs anything else? I don't believe I'll SBR this so I'm looking for a 16" upper.

(Why no SBR, simple, the less paperwork with my name and firearms on it in washington, the better..)

Anything I'm missing here that is a big NO-NO or areas I need to pay attention?

Thanks in advance!

Jesse

jcbarlow

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't really add any valuable info to your thread other than my opinion/thoughts... I don't think I could build a sweet 9mm ar w/out SBR stamp on that sucker :anyone: That might just be me though.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well with a 16" barrel that 6 grains of powder will have plenty of time to burn.

either way itd be awesome to have a 9mm ar and be cheapest and more reliable than a sbr version. My .02 cents.........

jcbarlow

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well with a 16" barrel that 6 grains of powder will have plenty of time to burn.

either way itd be awesome to have a 9mm ar and be cheapest and more reliable than a sbr version. My .02 cents.........

6gr of powder has plenty of time to burn in a 4" barrel.
Where you getting the "more reliable" info from?
Not tryin to be a jack@ss...

Latest posts

Top Bottom