Reloaders don't forget powder and bullets.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With the shortages now most reloaders are scrambling around trying to up their stashes of primers but don't forget to stock up on your favorite powder and bullets also......some are already hard to locate.

I was going to the range twice a week and running 100 rounds 230 gr FMJRN each trip through my 1911's......200 rounds per week comes out to 800 rounds per month in the spring, summer and fall (I don't go to the outdoor range and hammer the gongs when it's bone chilling cold) and that's a lot of bullets and powder being burnt.

I've got a fair stash of primers, powder and 230 gr. 45 ACP bullets on hand but to be conservative I'm going to start cutting my rounds fired during my two weekly trips back to 50 or 400 per month while still continuing to look for and order my powder, bullets and large pistol primers when I can find them.

I could be wrong but I don't expect to see reloading supplies or factory ammo availability to get any better in the near future.

Last edited:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered some coated lead from Precision bullets July 3rd they still have not shipped!! Luckily I ran across 500 Berry's and snatched them up.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I usually purchase my lead bullets from Missouri Bullet Company. I looked at their website this morning and they have a notice on the front page that shipping is delayed 4-6 weeks. I'm glad I was already stocked before the run on components started. It's going to be tough for the next several months, assuming Trump is re-elected. If Biden wins, we reloaders and shooting enthusiast could be screwed for years.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got 4k of 40 cal from precision delta in less than a week from order date just last week. Not the cheapest but always a good performer for me. That's where I got them the last time it got bad too.
Also have 5k 9mm coming from Xtreme, ordered same day but not shipping yet even though they showed in stock.
I'm good on primers and powder for awhile, probably should get some more projectiles.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, and from what I've seen lately, looks like powder prices have already went up a couple dollars per pound in the last two weeks or so, and that is on places like Gene Sears and Powder Valley

Latest posts

Top Bottom