Reloading 9mm? Do not use these cases...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They were a new cases introduced a few years ago. They are 1/2 steel so the can be picked up with a magnet, they have their own reloading dies to be able to reload them.
https://www.shellshocktechnologies....tools/1500-new-unprimed-9mm-luger-nas3-cases/

Shell Shock’s NAS3 9mm cases are 50% lighter than brass cases, offer greater lubricity and will not abrade, clog, foul, wear-out or damage breach and ejector mechanisms. The cases offer greater corrosion resistance, higher tensile strength (2x stronger) and more elasticity than brass. NAS3 cases have been tested successfully by customers to pressures over 70k psi. NAS3 cases eject cool to-the-touch and can be picked up with a magnet.

NAS3 cases will not split, chip, crack or grow (stretch) and are fully-reloadable using a set of S3 Reload dies
That's really good information. The new "brass" is fairly cheap as well at $0.10 although having to use special $80 dies would drag the cost up initially a bit. Seems like you'd have to be willing to invest in 3k before it really became a cost-efficient test.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes they are part steel so you can pick them up with a magnet. I like others have quite a few of them, but not enough to recover the cost of their 9mm dies
I guess that begs the question if the performance:
* On the range is better/on par/worse
* In the loading process is better/on par/worse
* Misc experience (brass pickup, sorting, cleaning) is better/on par/worse

If it was clearly better then I'm sure the cost of the dies becomes negligible in a hurry, but otherwise I'd probably stick to my current sources given the need. Heck, I'm pretty sure in the last order of 2k of 9mm brass @mouthpiece gave me 2001 pieces!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom