Reloading on a budget, both money and space.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the space impaired, here's what I did when I lived in an apartment.

I got one of these, though I would have gotten the larger one if I had known about it: http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-...74737&sr=8-1&keywords=black+&+decker+workmate

Then I made a solid cover for the bench from 3/4" plywood. Marked and drilled holes so it could be bolted securely to the workbench, installed my Lyman T-Mag press to the plywood with flat headed bolts, and bolted the whole thing down through the holes I had made in the plywood. There are already holes in the workmate surface, so some big bolts and big washers (I used wing nuts on the top) will hold it all together.

Not elegant, but took up minimal space and could be folded. It 's a convenient height for sitting, though I prefer to reload standing up. Loaded a lot of ammo with this rig. Used a card table for extra space.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good read! I'm starting up reloading and I don't want to fill my entire bench up so the workmates is a good idea as I have one, the other thing I'm thinking about is having a modular set up ( mount the equpment to a board I can put on my bench and remove.)

mtnboomer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Midwest City (usually)/Eufaula (when possible)
Here's what I did to mount my press. It just a piece of 1x4 pine that mounts to the press but has three holes to bolt it to the bench with carriage bolts and wing nuts.

004.jpg
003.jpg

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used a Lee hand-press for years, not my first choice but handy as all heck for field work.
I used to carry it with components on hunting trips as a backup in case of an unforeseen need.

I think the posted article gives some folks an option though.
Not everyone has or wants the space and money investment of a full blown reloading setup.

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I reload on a work bench from Lowes I have a RCBS Progressive press for high volume reloads and a RCBS Rock Chucker single stage for my precision reloads my total work space is probably 4'x4'
i1029.photobucket.com_albums_y358_cnkforever1_Mobile_20Uploads_image_zps61318151.jpg

don't mind the messy table it's been cleaned per wife's orders

Latest posts

Top Bottom