Remember when................................?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Taping or clothes-pinning a playing card to your bike so that it slapped against the wheel spokes as you rode.

1697822772986.jpeg

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't remember where it was at but I remember my parents taking my sister and I to a record store when we were little that had a booth inside where us kids 'cut' a record singing "How much is that doggie in the window" 🤔

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't remember it because we were too poor, but I have heard that you used to actually be able to buy a reasonable house that would comfortably fit an average sized family and only have to have one income to be able to afford it. That is definitely a thing of the past.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't remember it because we were too poor, but I have heard that you used to actually be able to buy a reasonable house that would comfortably fit an average sized family and only have to have one income to be able to afford it. That is definitely a thing of the past.
I know people who are doing that very thing today. It just takes hard work and discipline to make it happen. Just like it did back in the day.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
If you consider a 3 bedroom 1 bath house reasonable for a family of 6 on 1 income.

capnkirk462

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some what younger guy here. Lets see Linda Soundtrack, Allen Meryl Chevrolet, Molly Murphys, TG&Y turtles, girdles and yo-yos. Otasco, going into town to visit relatives and scouring the town for bottles for the deposit to buy candy and more soda. Being 7 and buying cigarettes for my family. Chasing and catching fireflies. Camping out in the yard during summer. You could actually see the stars at night. Veggies and fruits actually had a taste.

capnkirk462

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Then the summer of '76 200th birthday of the Declaration of Independence. America was in a funny place at the time but dammit we had fun that summer. Fireworks that could actually do bodily harm. Went and saw the Freedom train in OKC. Got to meet Ho-Ho the clown and Pokey dang Ho-Ho has a wiki page Ed Birchall - Wikipedia And bottle rockets for all.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wearing a suit and tie when you flew somewhere and people smoking on the plane.
No seat belts.
No car seats and facing backward in the back of the station wagon.
Ho Jo restaurants.
Green Stamps
Sports cards with a fill-up.
Only one gas type.
Gluten-free, Vegan, lactose intolerance, and a bunch of other things along that line didn't exist.
Women had long hair and men had short hair there was no inbetween.
If you really want to go back. ............. Adding water to the radiator didn't require opening the engine hood.
Linda Lovelace.......... If you know you know :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom