Remember when................................?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I still went to Sonic I'd miss the little plastic animals they used to stick on the lip of the cup, and pickle-O's.

I miss bird hunting with family. Family reunions with card tables and spades, hearts, rook & domino games going all over the community center. Fifteen different kinds of potato salad at the reunions and funerals. Being skinny, I miss that sometimes. Being a pretty good athlete in HS. Playing really good fastpitch softball in college when I wasn't working on a rig. Lots of things about the hard times that were good. Times change. Hardship changes hands. Prosperity changes it's mailing address all the time. The sun don't shine on the same dog's ass every day. Time marches on.

I've had a good run.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I decided we need another participation thread. Everyone enjoys them, right? Of course, you do!

Since many of us are officially "Old Fogies," it might be fun to reminisce about the things we from our childhoods that may be "out-of-style" today. And, of course, you young Whippersnappers can join in too.

Great thread, and yes even folks that have reached the ripe old age of 12 can reminisce about the good old days when they were 6.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
why is the mullet making a comeback for that matter. No seriously, why? WHY?

Why? Because today's radio noise (I will not call it music) is CRAP.

Lots of stations playing '90s music, with tons of people (of every age) listening. The younger listen, look at videos and album covers. See the mullets of the day and want to be "unique", just like everybody else.

I would much rather see a stupid mullet than that Justin Bieber shaggy crap do.

What I miss, FREEDOM. We wanted to hunt /shoot, we went. Ride bicycle to the creek, CARRYING A .22 RIFLE. 6, 8, 10 of us in a group. Nobody cared, we weren't doing anything wrong!
I miss going fishing with Dad and Papa.
Teachers were respected and you behaved in class. Everybody passed and earned it.
Mostly I miss, knees that work, being able to play baseball, able to work, able to breath.
I miss family that have passed on, family that have moved far away, friends I have lost touch with. I miss cars with style, advertising that entertained and movies / TV not filled with "woke inclusiveness" for the sake inclusiveness. Media that were trusted journalists.

Last edited:

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember gas station had an attendant that would pump your gas for you, clean your windshield, check your oil level & tire pressure

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was in first grade the all the boys in elementary school, were bringing axes, saws, machetes, to school, and building a fort, making a clearing in an over grown strip of woods next to the school. Great fun I still remember! Can you imagine kids being allowed to do that kind of stuff now?

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chopping cotton, plowing, mending fences, tending to the animals. If all that was done go fishing or run the hills with a 22. A little older take the 58 GMC to town and gas it up, take a girl to the drive in and git a burger, fries and a coke on $5. Gas 19 cents a gallon. The families first black and white TV. Oil field pumpers, bring salt and ice by and we would make ice cream for all, great buck of guys. Hauling hay 5 cents a bale, made some good money.

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cars without radios

Pickups didn't have air conditioners

Bias ply tires

Four channels on TV (counting OETA)

AM radios dropping out going under overpasses

Latest posts

Top Bottom