Reminder on driving and safety etc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I was in a minor accident today. I was driving a work car back into the parking lot and a employee in his vehicle backed into me as I was driving by. OSU PD came by and all that got sorted out. The car I was driving had some damage to the rear right fender but the truck's bumper was just scratched up a bit.

But I came away with some thoughts and reminders I'd like to share with the forum:

#1 Always wear your seatbelt. I was wearing mine and wasn't forced to lie or tell the truth to the officer when he asked the question. Even though the accident likely won't be my fault, I still could have been fined for not wearing it. It doesn't matter if you're only going a quarter mile, like I was, PUT IT ON. I almost didn't, thinking, "Oh...it isn't that far". I am sooo glad I decided to wear it anyway.

#2 When in a parking lot, slow down. I was probably going a little too fast and if any blame is put on me, this might be why. You can't react fast enough to people, cars, etc.

#3 Don't text when driving. Same deal as the seatbelt...I wasn't and didn't have to decide my answer to the officer. I don't and I'm sure you don't want to have to admit (or lie) to a LEO about texting. I'm sure if I was, it would be almost automatically my fault.

#4 When you're backing up, look behind you. This guy didn't see me and plowed right into my rear right side, which means I was mostly past him already. He said he couldn't see me in his mirrors. OK. He wasn't looking.

#5 The OSU PD officer was very professional and handled everything perfect. I was glad to see a good officer after the stories I've heard about campus police. Not only that, but he a hell of a name for an officer.

This was my first traffic accident ever and it freaked me out a bit...especially since I was in a work car. Don't want this to ever happen again!

Latest posts

Top Bottom